[APP][Pro][Deprecated] 50five - Smart charging at home for you electric vehicle

My chargepoint details were updated in Homey after connecting my car and start a charging session, maybe this helps.

And on the idiots part of your comment: let’s just say I am not a huge fan of 50Five either, but we are stuck with them :sob:

Nothing seems to work here…

Edit: don’t know what I did. Repaired multiple times, started charging from the car restarted the app multiple times and it is working again

With them increasing this mfa requirements this app is on a dead end. It’s the one thing the browser injection method the app is based can bypass.

OMG. This is the f**king answer to the problem… Was searching for days to get it fixed.

Thanks, This works.
My fuze was blown because of both cars started charging and 50five did not gave any signal.

Our friends at 50Five removed the option to disable 2FA :sob: :enraged_face:

Let’s all spam their helpdesk to enable this option again

What idiots! What is the big issue with just using a password here?!

Sent a message. Don’t think it will help though. Is there a chance to allow MFA through the Homey app?

Holy shit, I was checking every day trying to fix this, and now I’m finding out it was the MFA. Thanks for reporting it here!

Yes and in the meantime that ship has sailed to… thanks to security, This is for your own safety!

I don’t see a technical option unless they start offering an api with keys or app registration.
Since the new cybersecurity law I think they even have to do this.
So it’s gloomy for this integration. It confirms my own move to a new charger with own choice of backoffice.
Sorry.

You mean they have to move to MFA?

There are more Homey apps that do support MFA, right? But they have it embedded in their API?

This means you’ve given up on this? Understandable, but too bad. Through my employer I don’t have the option to change to a different charger.

This don’t have their sh*t together anyway:

That is the normal route, applications get api keys created by the user themselves and can be revoked by the user, while the user uses a username/password with MFA to proof its identity to manage.
If their API support oauth authorize flows you can get a acces/refresh token after the MFA authorize action (recognized like give this app permission to…) and the app can use the refresh to get new access tokens etc.

SO yes, APIs should solve this problem, but 50five only has a web application and this integration fakes the user using the website. Not the correct way, but 50five doesnt expose an real API for applications… so it was this or nothing.
Others provide proper API’s…

My announcement I stopped supporting this app is already posted in march this year. I moved to Peblar with Tap electric as backoffice (and created a nice API based app for Tap to make it work with Homey in the process) so I do not have the charger anymore so are not able to support the app.

But the MFA would break the support unless they released an API in the meanwhile.

Ah ok, thanks for getting back to me. If they don’t have a proper API right now, I don’t expect them to start working on it just because some clients like it.

Fortunately I have a Tesla, so I can use that app to charge a little bit smarter.

Thanks for your efforts so far. It is clear that you made do with whatever was available!

As expected. They don’t even put in the effort to format the mail completely and address it to me (I didn’t remove my name). Yes yes, it is all for security, blah blah…

Beste,

Graag willen we u laten weten dat wij, in het kader van de beveiliging van uw laadpunt, uw account en de beveiliging van de gehele backend infrastructuur de 2FA helaas niet voor u kunnen uitschakelen.

De 2FA-beveiliging zorgt ervoor dat uw account en de infrastructuur goed beschermd blijft en voorkomt dat er zonder uw toestemming wijzigingen in uw account worden aangebracht. Hiermee willen wij voorkomen dat u onverwacht tegen problemen aanloopt met uw account of laadpunt.

Wij begrijpen dat u mogelijk een derde partij toegang wilt geven tot uw account en dat u hier zelf mee akkoord zou willen gaan. Omdat u bij ons een abonnement heeft waarbij wij verantwoordelijk zijn voor het beheer en de beveiliging van uw laadpunt en account, kunnen wij de beveiliging hiervan helaas niet uitschakelen. In het kader van veiligheid kunnen wij niet toestaan dat derden al dan niet geautomatiseerde toegang tot ons platform krijgen. Daarnaast spelen hierbij ook privacyregels een rol.

Ook staat in onze algemene voorwaarden vermeld dat u een derde partij geen toegang mag geven tot uw account door het delen van login gegevens. Om deze redenen kunnen wij de 2FA-beveiliging niet voor u uitschakelen.

Wanneer u uw inboekregeling toch wilt voorzien van uw laadsessies, kunt u deze zelf downloaden vanuit uw account. Hiervoor kunt u de volgende stappen volgen:

50Five hasn’t responded to my ticket yet. But the privacy argument is invalid in my opinion, because it is my own chargepoint and my own data. If I receive the same answer, I will certainly dispute it.

Does anyone know if I can use a different provider for this charging point?

The privacy argument is valid. I despise it, but they have a point there.

Yes, it is your account. Yes it would be up to you to share your password if you want to. Yet, it is their service. They provide the service to create an account in the first place. So, they are accountable for keeping your data safe. Let’s take it to an extreme: let’s say that after every successful login they flash your password on the screen in font size 40 for 10 seconds. As a service to you so you don’t forget the password. How would you feel about that? Or less extreme: If they thought it is ok to send your password in plain text and store it in a .txt file in plain text?

I am exploring the possibilities to switch to another provider and found Tap Electric as a candidate, they have the following onboarding guide for the NewMotion chargepoint:

And there is a Homey app: Tap Electric | Homey

Anybody experience switching providers or other suggestions?

Nope, I’m sorry. I’m bound to 50Five by my employer :frowning: They’re cutting costs whereever possible and you notice that by the service delivered.

I own a home advance 3.0 i will investigate of its possible as well with the Tap app.

50five has removed the on/off toggle settings for 2FA . Its on forever now so this app wont do the job anymore.

The 50app has no option to auto start session other the start session when plugin in cable.