[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi @Phuturist , I got the new 3.0.18 update a few hours ago. Since then the app crashes after a few minutes. I’ve read your troubleshooting guide and your posting about the update. However it’s nearly impossible to see where the issue could be in my case. I’m having about 50 shelly devices… could you please take a look at my crash log?

Report ID: 48c6f406-0dac-4e4a-bbaa-83f57868fb0f

I’ve rebooted the homey already and restarted your app multiple times. Doesn’t help

There seems to be an issue with the new version for users with a lot of Shelly devices where the app crashes after a couple of minutes. Could you monitor the memory usage after restarting the app and see if it increases a lot. Just a heads up, this is going to be hard to fix I’m afraid.

You can post additional info in this Githhub issue: Out of memory when having a lot (40+) of Shelly devices paired · Issue #108 · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub

I’ve just restarted the app on my homey pro. Will give you an update as soon as it crashes again. All right, I’ll jump over to the github thread.

Darn, I got carried away. The 3EM is showing and paired, but has the same behaviour as the Shelly 1’s in that it updates once after a reboot, but not again. Shelly 1PM also in this list with no updates since last re-boot.

Shelly Bulbs and Shelly dimmer appear to be working as expected from the Homey app with on/off, dimming etc directly from Homey. So I’m assuming this isn’t a network configuration issue unless the communicate differently?

Sounds like a CoAP issue to me. Follow the CoAP troubleshooting instructions from the first post.

Its the App himself, app stops, there was no change in the basic network settings for a while. Any idea why the app is stopping? Thanks in advance

If you have 20+ Shelly devices paired you are probably affected by a memory leak. Head over to GitHub for more information here: Out of memory when having a lot of devices paired · Issue #108 · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub

If you don’t have that much devices it’s something else and you can send me a crash report.

1 Like

I don’t know what setting it was but I was sitting watching TV and suddenly my homey/ shelly flows sprang into life!

I run a ubiquiti unifi wifi network with an iot vlan, so if anyone else had a similar issue with CoAP messages getting through, my settings as current are:
SNMP v1 and 2 on (this setting is hard to find, use Google for how to change).
MDNS on.
IGMP snooping on

My flows are now working and devices reporting properly including power level updates etc.

Many thanks to Phuturist.

Is this the last update?

Hi all, I’ve had a Shelly 2.5 Roller Shutter for a few months for my Duco ventilation box. I noticed this morning that it wasn’t working anymore. In the older version I had two different devices, one for Medium ventilation and one for High. I couldn’t access the High setting anymore: "Cannot read property value ‘1’.

After removing it and adding the Shelly again, I only have 1 now. When I try to change the setting, I get the error 400 message asking me if I’m sure it’s on the same network.

I can access the Shelly via the IP address and change the settings there. I’m running on an Ubiquiti network that had SNMP v1&2 and mDNS disabled, I enabled both but still no luck. The Shelly is on a fixed IP address and can be found without a problem. When I check the device in Homey, it only shows the temperature, not the other values.

This seems to have started after the Homey 5.0 update is my assumption?

Hello @Phuturist,

the developer of vthermo gave me the feedback that he able only to read a sensor if it’s measure_temperature and not measure_temperature.1.

I have one sensor attached to my shelly V1, therefore it should be measure_temperature? Did you change something because it works until the last updates?

Can i manually change measure_temperature.1 to measure_temperature?

Best regards

Philipp

measure_temperature.1

I just installed the latest version of the Shelly App. I can add my motion sensor, but the information isn’t updated. It keeps displaying the same motion status, lux value and tamper alarm as the moment I added the sensor. I can see in the web interface of the Shelly that the sensor is working correctly. Please let me know if I can help you with anything fixing this.

There are a lot of breaking changes with the v3.x version of the app as it’s been completely rewritten. A Shelly 2(.5) paired as rollershutter always had one device though as the two buttons control up or down. Are you sure your Shelly device is in rollershutter mode? If not you should pair it as a relay.

Yes, this has indeed been changed to make it uniform with the Shelly 1PM and Shelly 1L where measure.temperature is reserved for the internal device temperature (which the Shelly 1 does not have).

Could you check if CoAP is enabled under “Internet & Security” and you see Homey’s IP there as well through the webinterface. If not, do that first manually. And try and reboot the sensor, sometimes this setting only starts working after a device reboot.

Thanx for the donation, much appreciated … :pray:

1 Like

I didn’t change anything on the Shelly, it was apparently configured correctly as relay. If I use the first screen of the device in Homey (with the slider) I get the 400 error message: “400: Onbekende fout, weet je zeker dat jet het juist IP adres hebt opgegeven en dat het Shelly apparaat op hetzelfde netwerk zit als Homey?”

If I use the second screen (with the 3 buttons, Up, Circle, Round), I don’t get an error message. But if I change a setting, I can hear the Shelly click and hear the ventilation change, it automatically resets after a few seconds.

In the previous version of either Homey or Shelly App. it added two devices, so I used these instructions to add flows for the ventilation to go either Low, Medium or High:

Changing the settings via the Shelly website itself works correctly, there it also shows the two separate channels.

I still dont understand your configuration and what you are trying to achieve. You have a Shelly 2(.5) which is configured as relay under the webinterface of Shelly? And you have now re-paired it as Shelly 2.(5) roller shutter and you are seeying one device which isnt working properly? If so, that is the expected behaviour when you pair it as roller shutter while configured as relay. If this is the case you need to re-pair it as Shelly 2(.5) Relay.

If it’s something else describe your setup in more detail and send me a crash report from the app settings.

Hi Jelger, thanks for your quick reply. I kind of got it working now, except the lux value doesn’t update as often in homey as in the web interface. Any tips for that?

It’s also quite important to understand that I’m an idiot sometimes… :slight_smile:

I indeed re-added it incorrectly as Roller Shutter. I’ve now re-added the Shelly as Relay and it correctly adds two devices again. But the same problems now appears after my initial diagnosis:

• That 1st channel works correctly, I see it change on the Shelly site as well after I turn it on or off in the Homey app.
  • That 2nd channel doesn’t work: "Apparaat onbeschikbaar. Apparaat onbereikbaar: Cannot read property ‘1’ of undefined.

I may need some help how to get you a log if you need it?

No, that is actually quite strange. My app just processes all incoming CoAP requests. I’ll ask the guys from Allterco Robotics if the number of CoAP updates has been limited to reduce battery drain. And thank you for the donation, I appreciate it!

I’ll look into this. You can send a crash report from the Homey app under the app settings. Please do this as it will help me identify the cause. And can you also post the output of http://yourshellyip/status here or in a PM.

Go it, the log code is 19d92bef-5777-490e-a175-fc9c423093cf

The Shelly status:
{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“xxxxx”,“ip”:“xxxxx”,“rssi”:-66},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“14:19”,“serial”:1,“has_update”:true,“mac”:“ECFABCC4CF34”,“relays”:[{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true},{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true}],“rollers”:[{“state”:“stop”,“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“safety_switch”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“stop_reason”:“normal”,“last_direction”:“open”,“current_pos”:101,“calibrating”:false,“positioning”:true}],“meters”:[{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1614608387,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1614608387,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0}],“temperature”:51.61,“overtemperature”:false,“tmp”:{“tC”:51.61,“tF”:124.90, “is_valid”:“true”},“update”:{“status”:“pending”,“has_update”:true,“new_version”:“20210115-103025/v1.9.4@e2732e05”,“old_version”:“20190807-153757/???”},“ram_total”:49552,“ram_free”:36708,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:160640,“uptime”:13317}