[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

This might help:

At that price the Broadlink TV Mate comes to roughly the same - do multiple devices work nicely in their ecosystem?

Any plans to bring this app outside homey pro? @Remko

If you mean Homey cloud / bridge by that: impossible.
Broadlink needs local wifi access.

@Peter_Kawa oh shit, I thought that the communication between the plugs and homey were done through broadlinks backend since they need that to work? I read that the way to get them to work was to pair them with the app they were sold with and then add them to homey.

Did I misinterpret the mechanics?

This is about local access

They do use the “cloud”, but the connection is local

1 Like

fudge.
Thanks for saving me the time to dig into it further @Peter_Kawa

1 Like

Its this APP still supported? Its ha been 3 years since the last update? Does somebody now if the RM4 mini is supported. RM4 has replaced RM3.

@spajder_ua I don’t know only on the community store there works the Rm4 mini with only IR

hi @Pieterv123, i was wondering if there are any plans to bring RF to broadlinkred for thee RM4 Pro? is it technically possible?
thanks
Rick

Not at the moment, I don’t use the app myself anymore.

2 Likes

In thermostats (Floureon, Beok), I cannot change the temperature above +30⁰C, even if I set the maximum value to +90⁰C in the limit value settings. The display always stays between 0-30⁰ and because of this +30⁰ is the maximum value in manual adjustment. With automation, you can set a value above +30⁰, but I would like to adjust the thermostat manually, for example according to spot electricity. Could this be changed so that the maximum value on the screen would change according to the maximum value set in the settings?

Hi @Remko; I was wondering if you are going to update your app to sdk3 in order to get it working on the new Homey

I lost faith in this and bought a Tuya RF recorder to use with the Tuya cloud app. Still not ideal knowing homey could do it itself but at least the Tuya app has more traction/visibility.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I didnt know this device yet…

Nice that there is a kind of solution. How do you use it? Are you able to send a kind of scenes from Homey that triggers commands to send from this device or so?

And indeed, its a shame that Homey is not able to do this… It really make no sense. Maybe good that a lot of people do a feature request at Athom. I did this allready a couple of times.

So you record the IR/RF input with the device and create a “tap-to-run” scene that you can then use with the Tuya Cloud app in flows.

I think the easiest way is that someone requests to take over the app.
Maybe @Emile wants to do it to compensate for the RF / IR not working as promised with Homey

2 Likes

Great. Do you have a link to the device?

When you don’t mind ordering from Uncle Ali:

2 Likes

What Peter said.

More specifically I have this one;
€ 13,99 36% Off | Tuya Smart RF IR Remote Control WiFi Smart Home for Air Conditioner ALL TV LG TV Support Alexa,Google Home
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExOnmKN

1 Like