[APP][Pro] AWTRIX - Connected Smart Clock for your Smart Home

so confirmed, on 1.1.0 blueforcer changed API for RTTTL :smiley: i will modify app, and set there error if you try to send RTTTL sound to version before 1.1.0…

Test 2.2.4 will fix issue… (beware, if you have awtrixng before 1.1.0 you could not use rtttl with this version, minimal awtrixng for sounds is 1.1.0)

I do not want to have milion of backward compatibility layers in app, so i will keep with upstream

It’s working again! Thanks for the quick fix :grinning_face: :+1:.

No problem, just working with Sol on getting button callback working… :slight_smile: then, i belive implementation will be complete until blueforce made some change again or finish his secret project :smiley:

OK, it is not possible atm… but i will release 2.2.7 with improved memory footprint, fix for apps desynchronising after awtrix update and smaller size :slight_smile: with buttons i need to contact blueforcer for some changes in API

Hi @Bckp

Bug: custom icon ID is not displayed on AWTRIX NG via the application/notification flow cards

Device: AWTRIX NG (via Homey)
Icon: 18207 (Spotify), uploaded locally on the device and visible in the icon manager of the web interface

Expected: the icon is shown next to the text in the custom app / notification.
Actual: the text and color always come through correctly, but the icon is never shown - neither via the “Create/update application” card (with the icon dropdown field), nor via the raw JSON cards (applicationRaw and notificationRaw).

Tried in the JSON options of the raw cards:

  • {“icon”:“18207”, …}
  • {“icon”:18207, …}
  • {“icon”:“#18207”, …}
  • {“iconId”:18207, …}

In all cases: text and color appear fine, icon stays empty/absent.

Also tried with the built-in icons from the “application” card’s dropdown (e.g. “message”, “smiley”) - those do work correctly. So the issue seems to be specifically with passing a custom/uploaded icon ID to an AWTRIX NG device.

Could you take a look at this? Let me know if you need more info (e.g. Homey debug log or exact flow configuration).

Is there a space in the icon’s file name? I know that causes issues. I had that (as that used to work in AWTRIX 3), but had to replace the space with another character (underscore in my case) when I moved to AWTRIX NG.

Never considered someone would put space to filename :smiley:

@Borssie i will try to simulate it to found what to root cause can be…

I see in the change log that you added Dutch translations. How do I enable them :smiling_face: ? I am seeing the English labels/texts (my Homey is set to Dutch). Or are those (and all the other changes) only related to AWTRIX 3 devices?

can you paste here full json you are trying to send?
@SunBeech hehe, asked AI to translate it, i guess i missed some setting…

we can speak on slack, but so far from what i see in docs, it should be just add json file to locales…

I was looking at your GitHub ‘locales’ files, and see it does contain Dutch translations :grinning_face:. They seem to focus on the pairing process/settings. It does not include translations for flowcards and the items shown in the device itself. Not sure if you are planning to translate those items also?

A suggestion for the following translation:

"unknownError": "Het apparaat heeft niet gereageerd!"

Replace with:

"unknownError": "Het apparaat reageerde niet!"

Updated, 2.2.9 (now with even more texts translated), any suggestions are welcome, it is google translate :smiley: and now i go to sleep, it is 3AM :smiley:

Thank you so much for your efforts! Especially during the nightly hours… :slight_smile:.

I checked the new version and I indeed see that the THEN flowcards are in Dutch now.

I included my suggestions for the other flowcards, capabilities and settings shown in the device tile below. Since I am not familiar with where the actual translations are located in the various source files on GitHub (they seem to be spread out), I made screenshots of the items that I see on screen and provided the translated text. I hope that is OK :blush:.

Flowcards - THEN

I checked the flowcards’ labels, info tekst and predefined lists with parameters. All look fine. I did note one thing regarding the flowcards that show/hide the indicator. The parameter says ‘indicator number’, while the actual values are the indicator location. So I provided an alternative text below, both for the EN as NL version.

Current text

EN NL
Hide [identificator number] indicator Verberg [indicatornummer] indicator
Show [indicator number] indicator with color [color] and effect [effect] for [effect duration] Toon [indicatornummer] indicator met kleur [kleur] en effect [effect] gedurende [effectduur]

Suggested text

EN NL
Hide [identificator location] indicator Verberg indicator [indicatorlocatie]
Show [indicator location] indicator with color [color] and effect [effect] for [effect duration] Toon indicator [indicatorlocatie] met kleur [kleur] en effect [effect] gedurende [effectduur]

So in the:

  • EN version replace parameter [indicator number] with [identificator location]
  • NL version replace parameter [indicatornummer] with [indicatorlocatie] and change the order: Toon [indicatornummer] indicator… > Toon indicator [indicatorlocatie]…
Flowcards - WHEN

Flowcards that relate to default capabilities (like temperature and humidity) seem to have been auto translated by Homey. So I only focused on the non-standard ones.

I assume the following flowcards for custom capabilities are generated automatically by Homey, as they are partly translated. Parts are still in EN though.

EN NL
Top indicator turned on… Indicator boven aangezet voor…
Top indicator turned off… Indicator boven uitgezet voor…
Middle indicator turned on… Indicator midden aangezet voor…
Middle indicator turned off… Indicator midden uitgezet voor…
Bottom indicator turned on… Indicator onder aangezet voor…
Bottom indicator turned off… Indicator onder uitgezet voor…
Device - Button tab

EN NL
Previous app Vorige app
Next app Volgende app
Display Display
Device - Picker tab (Overlay)

EN NL
None Geen
Drizzle Motregen
Frost Vorst
Rain Regen
Snow Sneeuw
Storm Storm
Thunder Onweer
Device - Sensors tab

EN NL
Indicator top Indicator boven
Indicator middle Indicator midden
Indicator bottom Indicator onder
Signal strength Signaalsterkte
IP Address IP-adres

I assume that the temperature and humidity sensors are default ones as they have been auto translated by Homey.

Device - Maintenance & Advanced Settings

Maintenance

NL EN
Button Try to discover Probeer te zoeken
Info Start discovery process for new IP of device Start zoeken naar nieuw IP-adres van het apparaat

 
Advanced Settings

NL EN
Header Connection Verbinding
Item Address or hostname IP-adres of hostnaam
Info Usually filled automatically during pairing or discovery. Enter an IP address or hostname without protocol or path. Wordt doorgaans automatisch ingevuld tijdens het koppelen of zoeken. Voer een IP-adres of hostnaam in, zonder protocol of pad.
 
Item Port Poort
Info Usually filled automatically during pairing or discovery. Wordt doorgaans automatisch ingevuld tijdens het koppelen of zoeken.
 
Header Login details Logingegevens
Item Username Gebruikersnaam
Info The API username. Leave empty when authentication is disabled. This is stored in Homey and is not sent as a device setting. De API-gebruikersnaam. Laat leeg als authenticatie is uitgeschakeld. Deze wordt opgeslagen in Homey en wordt niet verstuurd als een apparaatinstelling.
 
Item Password Wachtwoord
Info The API password. Leave empty when authentication is disabled. This is stored in Homey and is not sent as a device setting. Het API-wachtwoord. Laat leeg als authenticatie is uitgeschakeld. Deze wordt opgeslagen in Homey en wordt niet verstuurd als een apparaatinstelling.
 
Header Device settings Apparaatinstellingen
Item Auto-brightness Automatische helderheid
Item Auto-cycle Automatisch rouleren
Item Block buttons Blokkeer knoppen
Item Uppercase tekst Tekst in hoofdletters
 
Item Transition effect Overgangseffect
Info Static list from the documented capabilities. Statische lijst gebaseerd op de gedocumenteerde mogelijkheden.
List Random Willekeurig
Slide Schuiven
Dim Dimmen
Zoom Zoomen
Rotate Roteren
Pixelate Pixeleren
Curtain Gordijn
Ripple Rimpelen
Blink Knipperen
Reload Opnieuw laden
Fade Vervagen
Cover Bedekken
Uncover Ontdekken
Split Splitsen
Blinds Lamellen
Blocks Blokken
Flash Flitsen
Diamond Diamant
Wave Golf
Rain Regen
Melt Smelten
Interlace Verweven
 
Header Default apps Standaard apps
Item Time Tijd
Item Date Datum
Item Temperature Temperatuur
Item Humidity Luchtvochtigheid
Item Battery Accu

I will look at this when i get home asap, and give you credit as translator ofc :slight_smile:

Thanks and no rush!

No rush, 2.2.10 is on test :slight_smile: and yes…

you are there :slight_smile: contributor <3

That was quick!

I reviewed your changes. Some wordings changed, but that’s OK. Multiple words have the same meaning :smiling_face:.

One suggestion though regarding a setting in Advanced settings → Device settings:

Could you change Hoofdletters into Tekst in hoofdletters. This way the setting is more clear and it aligns with the original EN translation.

Done :slight_smile:

Thanks! Looking good now :grinning_face:.