[App][Pro] Android TV

Hmm are there non play store apps supported

With the Philips tv app I can see All of my android apps installed
Is that not possible to implement in this app?

Do you know how to find the deeplink of an app? I am looking for the deeplink of TiviMate…

No that’s not possible, the Android TV remote API does not provide this feature.

The Philips Jointspace API provides more features than the Android TV remote API but it is also way more unreliable.

If you want to figure out the deeplink for an app you can follow these steps:

1. Connect to your tv via adb
  2. Find your app with adb shell pm list packages
  3. Find the path where the app is stored with adb shell pm path com.example.someapp
  4. Using adb pull /remote/path /local/path, download the apk file
  5. Decompile the apk file using a program like jadx
  6. Search in the AndroidManifest.xml for the android:host attribute, this is the url the app listens to

@Marcel_Visser see my previous post but keep in mind that it’s possible that some apps don’t offer support for deeplinks.

Hi Lucas, I tried again to add the TV. It’s working now without issues. Perhaps the PIN screen was closed too fast on the TV and the pin check was not done by the TV.

1 Like

Isn’t it enough to make a test flow and log the started apps to the timeline? Then you can use these app ids as condition.

Sadly no, because the package names (e.g. com.spotify.app) are not the same as the app’s deeplink (e.g. spotify://).

Ah, yes. Thats the other way.
Your Netflix example link has title.* in the deeplink. Would it be possible to select an account for Netflix or Prime this way (if we would know the syntax)?

Theoretically this should be possible yes, but I haven’t found any reliable documentation on deeplinks.

Companies seem to want to keeps this private so not everyone can integrate with their app without their consent.

Hi Lucas, I just wondered if it’s possible to add buttons for TV (channel up/down) or actions cards to select a channel - if supported.
Perhaps existing buttons (prev/next) xan be used for because this function is not possible in TV mode.
Thanks for checking :grinning:

@lucasvdh ,

Great app but I have noticed the app uses a.lot.of memory and increasing on HP2023.

Check out screenshot.
Around 20.00 I have updated HP2023 to RC71 and paired a second device. but I have seen it in most RC releases the last weeks.

Average memory usage it’s around 50mb with only 1 device pairs

The memory usages on HP2023 compared to HP2019 is per app higher but 100mb and growing is to much I think.

Check your app for possible memory leaks.
Diag report: 7fbaaaa5-8763-468d-addc-07d5f70f785b

1 Like

@lucasvdh app crashed constantly… homey firmware rc73 (pro 2023) fresh install does not fix this

Great app. Thanks!!!

Apparently it is possible to add a soundbar - in this case a JBL BAR 9.1 - into Homey (Finally)
This bar doesnt have a screenmode. is there perhaps a (standard)code for that to add??
This would be awesome! Been searching for quite some time for this. :wink::grin: hope to hear.

Jbl bar 9.1 has chromecast/airplay.
Our Philips 55oled804 works like a charm.
Installed the experimental version 0.4.

1 Like

Hi @lucasvdh the testversion is crashing a lot in my case. Are you still working on the app?

I had the same problem, after the internet was temporarily disconnected, it suddenly worked again…

I’m working on a new version that doesn’t depend on packages that cause the high memory usage. This should also fix some of the stability issues.

5 Likes

Pretty neat app. I am quite new to homey and was trying to find an option to turn my lights on when the shield tv is going in pause. That does not seem possible yet does it ? Should it be able to be possible in the future ?

I build this flow for my Shield with the Google Chromecast app, as the Android TV app doesn’t have this option yet.

But I suppose that only works when you use the chromecast function, or does it also work with the native Netflix for example ?

Hi @Isniethuis,

Unfortunately this is not possible, the API that this app uses doesn’t support this feature.

If you want to create this flow you’ll have to find a different app that provides this, like for example the Chromecast app as @Daan_Holla suggested. But I understand that probably won’t work for you.

1 Like