[APP][Pro] Ajax Security System - Make Ajax alarms part of your smart home

Thanks for your app. Could you integrate AJAX switches? Please :-)


Hi, if you are referring to the light switches they are currently in the beta version. Should be released soon

Beta; https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.ajax.security/Ajax-Beveiligingssysteem/test/

Yes I talk about Ajax WallSwitch.

Goodnews !!!

Hi there,

I’m not able to connect to my AJAX hub via the app. My issue: after I accessed the welcome page I selected the Hub icon.

Now in the config page, I field in all mandatory fields but the the ‘setup order note’ (on the top of the pop-up) advice to go the AJAX app and configure the Monitoring Station settings.

Cannot find these settings… AI adviced me to download the AJAX PRO app but I’m not sure that’s the solution!

Can anyone help me? I’m stuck

Are you trying to do ajax mobile or SIA connection? Those settings are advanced user settings, not mandatory. For the monitoring station:

  1. Open Homey → Apps → Ajax Security System → Configure app.
  2. Select Local SIA only (no Ajax login).
  3. Under Advanced configure:
    • SIA listening port
    • SIA account ID/object number
    • AES-128 encryption key: exactly 32 hexadecimal characters or 16 printable ASCII characters
  4. In Ajax open the space/hub settings → Security companies / Monitoring Station.
  5. Select SIA DC-09 (SIA-DCS) and enter:
    • Receiver address: Homey’s local IP address
    • Receiver port: the same SIA port configured in Homey
    • Object/account number: the same SIA account ID
    • AES key: exactly the same key

Thanks for your reply Mike Tango

But as I said I cannot access the following settings => Security compagnies/ Monitoring Station in AJAX.
To do so, based on AI advice, I need to create a professionnal account for Ajax.
Is that correct?

step 4 should be doable by a “normal” user, no professional account needed.

Ok! Got it now
Was not able to find it yesterday despite I had the feeling to review each and every line in the app (apparently not as I didn’t notice this one).
Very helpful. Without your support I woudn’t have been able to proceed.
Thanks again

One quick question though. I read the encryption key is optional but with your reply I understand that it’s better to insert one. Is that one we have or do we need to generate one?

Up to you, I prefer using Ajax mobile login. Only added SIA for users that didn’t want to use mobile login / enterprise (even though there’s no proxy in between, it’s a direct connection, exactly like the ajax app). SIA limits you in what you can do with the flows (like turn on/off alarm etc.)

Great :slightly_smiling_face: The discussion was really fruitful. Thanks a lot :+1:

@MikeTango I haven’t been on this forum for a while, but I can see that you’ve continued developing the app really well. The doorbell flows are working now! Great work!

Hi @MikeTango !

Recently after some updates now the photo is not working anymore:

If I go now in the device, I see this (no matter if I click on the refresh button):

2e20a3b4-4448-4ba0-80a9-9ca0c16df77e

I am using test version v1.0.582

Ah I see, I changed a lot of the background processing in cameras and doorbells. Previously made flows still hold on it seems. Changed this hopefully in: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.ajax.security/Ajax-Beveiligingssysteem/test/

FIXED! (unbelievable fixing in less than 30 mins ahaha you are great)

Are there any known incidents about the Homey app trying to connect to the Ajax cloud causing a blockage of your credentials for the Ajax app as well as for the desktop version?

Kind regards,HG

Not that I have heard off, it wouldn’t make sense on their end.

It seems that using the credentials given to the homey app results in attempts to access to their cloud and that their cloud at that moment blocks the user for too many attempts. (maybe problem of synchronizing credentials in the Homey app and the Ajax login after a password change?)

Regards HG

Before assuming anything, could you make a diagnostic report (via the app), also in your post could you maybe type some more info (like in the main post’s headline suggestions, things like version etc) it might just be something else, but I’ll dig into it

Hello Mike, sorry for the lack of info, but it was actually a general question to see if my problem could be placed in the app or something else. I had a conversation with Ajax support for over a week concerning the blocking of the login due to too many attempts. They finally saw on their side I am using a Homey Pro and traffic between the cloud and my Homey therefore suggesting that the credentials I had used for the Homey app could be the issue because that app tried to connect with a wrong password too many times (I changed the password in for the Ajax cloud). After removing the Homey app and Ajax support lifting the block of my login it all worked fine.

I am using Homey Pro (early 2023), version 13.4.1. The Homey Ajax app was the version I downloaded two weeks ago, but as I was saying removed it on request of the Ajax support team.

Kind regards HG

ah this makes more sense. I did notice while going through the code that when a user enter the wrong password it’ll keep retrying, I’ve managed to change that with the latest test version. Thank you for the feedback, definitely helped.