[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

Yes thats possible, just by using reflect.
Select multiple devices and select how they should be handled.

1 Like

Damn! Never knew this! :- :laughing:

How do I create a device card that shows multiple values as a list like this?

I thought I only needed to add multiple number fields that reflect a device property, but I can only manage to show one value at the time at the top right corner.

Another question, I see people are creating flows that populate the values, I assume this is only needed when you can’t reflect a device property directly, or do I always need to add a flow to update the value?

This is a device tile in the WebApp when the device tile view is set to large:

And this is the same device tile in the WebApp when the device tile view is set to medium:
The view with the middle device tile is the same as the view in the smartphone app. There is no view for large device tiles in the smartphone app.

In this view, only one parameter is displayed in the device tile. This parameter can be selected in the device settings of the device tile:

But generally this function has nothing to do with the DC app in particular, but with Homey’s GIU.

Correct

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Then I understand it better. I got a little fooled by all the included screenshots that looked like small tiles, and many of them were related to this app, so thought it was a feature :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for a while to display my total solar production in a tile in Homey, but I haven’t been successful so far.

I saw a screenshot in another post where someone managed to do this with the help of AVD. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me with this?

In any case, a big thanks to everyone making this all possible.

You don’t provide much information. The important part which is missing, how and what kind of data are provided by your PV system in Homey.

I indeed see what you mean, but to be honest, I have no idea yet. Maybe someone can tell me which app in Homey I can use to get information from Enphase? I would also like to display the total daily and monthly production on the tile if that is possible.

Have you searched the App Store or the forum for Enphase?
Found the Solar Panels App in the App Store. There is also a dedicated topic about this App → [APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

About the daily and monthly production, check the Power by the Hour App. App Topic → [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Because it’s getting OT now, please inform yourself about the mentioned Apps first. If you still think that you need an AVD to display the wanted information, you can of course ask again in this topic.

1 Like

That’s possible with the Power by The Hour app

Daily production is often provided by the solar power app as well.

And like Dirk already wrote, when you have all that in place, we can take a look on how to combine things into an AVD.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will try everything you all mentioned.

1 Like

Right now I am discovering this app.

Now I thought I could use a flowcard that can set all, in this case all lights in a room, to a dimming level in. However, I am unable to get the hue bulbs, paired via Matter, to change brightness levels. Switching on also does not work.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible at all? If so, what do I need to do to make it work?

It works fine
I’m not sure Hue lights can be the problem?

For on/off I use the ‘Yes/No’ card, for dim I use the ‘Number’ card:

I’d suggest to start with the simplest flow.
Add the dim value manually to 0.65 to see what happens:

Are your transtion values between 0.01 and 1 for instance? Do not use 0-100!

Also FYI, when a zone doesn’t have more than 2 or 3 devices (with more devices chances grow some don’t reveive the onoff signal), you can use the default zone flowcards “Turn all [device type] on/off”

1 Like

Re: Support MQTT for reflection on AVD capabiliies:

Go and vote for it. This would more or less allow to skip MQTT hub if it only used to create MQTT based virtual devices.

2 Likes

Link doesn’t work…

Interesting, doesn’t show until logged in. Maybe since it is recently submitted, it is pending review by @Arie_J_Godschalk.

Your request isn’t listed in the Issue category at all. Maybe because it isn’t reviewed yet, as you assume.

Couldnt find it in this thread (yet).

I would like to have a button that I can press and next have the option to select one of multiple predefined options.

My usecase:
I want to control my car charger.
I have multiple scenarios:

• Off
  • Boost
  • EPEX
  • Surplus solar
  • Smart

I would like to be able to press the button and see these option.
Then select one
The button “status” i want to use to start specific flows

Is this possible with an AVD?

You can request a Picker. See the second post in this topic.