[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

No, not like that, or i misunderstood.
I thought that you want to SET the AVD when you change the Hue lamps color through another way then the AVD?
If so, you need to watch/listen to the Hue lamp’s color change, not the AVD.

Well, this card gives you as token (i think a number, not sure, you need to test it yourself).
You can use that to SET the color of the AVD throught the custom AVD card ( i think Set [Number] to [x]).
Make sure to set it to: do nothing else.
And make sure the current flow that reacts to a change on the AVD color, uses the custom When [number] changed card.

No, not like that, or i misunderstood.
I thought that you want to SET the AVD when you change the Hue lamps color through another way then the AVD?
If so, you need to watch/listen to the Hue lamp’s color change, not the AVD.

You understood correctly, the AVD tile needs to get the color from the change in the Philips Hue app for example.

I have this for now and sometimes it changes to another color with a big delay so not sure if this is right. I’m going to play with it some more when I feel like it. It is not a biggy, I was just wondering how to get that done.

1 Like

That flow is almost right.
But you cannot use a tag/token from a trigger like that.
You need to duplicate the right flowcard.
And have separate lines from the trigger to the actioncard.

1 Like

Done that and with some delay it is working now.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, i am trying to implement this but keep getting “Invalid type for token ‘durationtillnow’ expected ‘number’ but got ‘undefined’.” when chosing 0 minutes :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll have a look.

Please create a ticket at the support link on the app store.
Thanks!

1 Like

@Arie_J_Godschalk I’m using the AVD picker and I don’t know how to set picker selection. I tried several things directly on the device flow “Than” option, without any luck. Those are my options in homey, what do I have to select to switch between the active selection of the picker? Tags are already enabled.

PS: manually selecting the picker does set the correct value and I can trigger things based on that. So manually changing the picker selection does work, but I need to adapt it based on external automated triggers…

1 Like

You can use the Set List (called Taste Setzen here).
You can also use the Set Expression card and enter the value of the picker.

Sorry I don’t get it, I’m selecting in the flow “than” my AVD Device → Taste setzen. There I can’t select any “Taste”, the menu is empty. And as value there is only “Ja/Nein”… no option to select the picker or a value.

clicking on “Taste” shows this:

You mentioned the “Set Expression” card, what’s that in german? I tried to change the language of my homey app to english, but it wasn’t successful :frowning: . Is that “Status setzen”? If yes, then the “value” tag missing, although it is enabled in the picker and I do see it when I’m manually change the selection of the picker in the output message. So something is wrong here…

1 Like

Sorry, my bad: Set List is Auffurhen setzen.

And bezeichnung setzen is Expression.

Tried „Aufführen setzen“ as well. I can select my list, but the values there are always empty. I can‘t select a value…?

1 Like

Which list are you using?
Please show a print-screen/screenshot of the List settings from the AVD?

He we go

This should be the value, but it is empty

1 Like

Perhaps, once, remove the (name of the ) List and press save, then recreate the List with the current settings (they are correct, but perhaps it created a device wrongly during the change).

I have the same configuration as you, and i do get a list of values to pick from in the same card.

Ok, so I‘ve done a deinstallation of your app and started from scratch. Creating a device, repair, choose what I posted above. Exactly the same, I don‘t see the values…

1 Like

And „Bezeichnung setzen“ doesn‘t work either. There must be an issue somewhere…

1 Like

Here you need to return it as string/text, so, place the off between 2 double-qoutes.

Still no luck :weary:

1 Like

Those are not normal double qoutes.

Here:
"off"

1 Like

This finally works! Thank you so much. I don‘t know how to do your double quotes with the iOS App, I had to copy your example… but still strange that I don‘t see the values from the list

1 Like