[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

I thought it might makes sense to put this stuff somewhere without needing to ask a question each time in this forum :slight_smile:

edit, this would be a case for in the wiki :slight_smile:
if needed i’ll be happy to help you populate it

thanks again

1 Like

Okay, but to make it more easy for people, i have created a Wiki on this topic, post 4:
[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator - Apps - Homey Community Forum
You can edit/create it there/here.

1 Like

Awesome :+1:

1 Like

And for a overview page, you might also look at the original fontawesome pages:
Font Awesome - there is plenty of overview and search capabilities over there.

1 Like

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

I have a laptop which sends user data and some other Windows variables with Curl to Homey. I have a virtual Laptop device with a few sensors. These sensors get populated based on the variables it receives from the actual laptop. One received variable is the name of the user that’s logged in. The icon for this sensor shows a person.svg all the time. Is it possible to change the sensor icon when the value changes. For instance to an icon which a X?

And do I understand correctly that the max of different icons that can be used for all devices together is 80? Is that because of memory usage?

1 Like

Hey Dennis,

No, icons cannot be changed except for within the settings.

The only way you could do this, is to remove the capability and add another capability with another icon.
Technicly possible, but this would really be way to heavy for Homey to do, and it would mess up flows that are build on default cards, etc.

No, for devices/AVDs, each AVD gets it’s own (custom) icon.
You can have as many as possible.

But, yeah, currently, for fields (capabilitities) on the Sensor or buttons tabs, there are 80 “slots” with icons you can pick from and that you can customize.

It’s because of the hugh app.json, because there are a lott of posibile capabilities for each posible icon.

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

Thank you for clearing that up!

1 Like

Been struggling with this question as well.

“Also, tThe colour of the light on a ’ light’ tile can be changed to any color. Can this be do for AVD as well?”

Never seen the answer to it.

Is it possible to change the color of the lightball in the tile and if yes, than how?

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes

Screenshot_20221210-194754_Homey

Screenshot_20221210-194808_Homey

Flowcards:

3 Likes

Thanks, I will look into it.

2 Likes

YW.
Now it’s OK, I still was busy making a few adjustments :blush:

1 Like

As you have the color (hue/saturation) and color temperature capabilities, you still are missing the Light mode capability (which is a list) or it won’t switch in the GUI from color to color temperature.
But yes, the most important step is select light as class (or socket, where you then choose light as virtual device in the device’s settings)

2 Likes

Ah, thx.
I usually don’t work with colors, but didn’t need the light mode yet to change a light from red color to a white temperature.
It’s not present at this RGB light:

But I can change it from blue to a white temp with a flow.

With this list added to the AVD,
these flowcards becomes available, one can choose light mode Color or Temperature

Or do you mean something else?

1 Like

Great, with all these settings I can change the colors of my lights now just like in the hue app or hue bulbs in Homey.

You need to add this to your flow to get it working.

Thanks for helping out here (again) :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, that is the correct one, light mode is more of a internal capability, to handle the switch between color and light temperature in the GUI itself (not flows).
It doesn’t have any flow cards by default, but will get activated when switching between color and light mode in the GUI for “returning” to the other mode, and not having to select a (temporary) value also.

2 Likes

One other thing I’m trying to figure out is why the color of the tile doesn’t change to right color when the colors of the bulbs are changed in onother app than Homey.

For example, when I change my bulbs in the avd to green and set it to red in the hue app the tile stays green but the lights do become red.

Any idea how I get the tile to change to the right color no matter from where it will be changed?

Thanks.

1 Like

Does the bulb-device has a trigger/when-card for when it’s color changed?

Don’t think so. See no such option?

1 Like

@Heula
The DC App also has a Watch/Listener when-card.
Use that one, select the device, and then check if there is a color Capability?

(I don’t have Hue, so i don’t know which capabilities they have.)

Like this?

2022-12-12 14_22_54-Homey Pro van Alex en Astrid

This should be enough?

1 Like