[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

It’s possible when added via BLE.

I will look at why the HUB driver isn’t supporting it.

1 Like

My remote arrived yesterday but so far I’m not impressed. It feels nice to hold and looks good, but severely lacking in functionality. Hopefully the promises of the new firmware, arriving in July, will make it a bit more useful.

As far as integration with Homey is concerned, I can detect it, but the only information I can get is the battery level. If, at some point, new firmware adds anything useful, I will integrate it with the app, but for now I don’t see any point.

So currently, it’s not something I would recommend buying.

4 Likes

THanks for checking and sharing. For now I will then hold off as well…

I have published a new test version that adds the action card to the HUB variant of the curtains.

1 Like

Hello Guys, a very quick question
i am considering to buy smart Door Lock for Opening Doors without Replacement, i can see that in the app here it is lock(hub), does that mean i have to but the hub as well to make it work with homey right ?

Correct. The hub is required as the BLE is encrypted for security.

1 Like

Thanks Adrian

I manage to transfer 4 buttons from the remote control to Homey using Matter.
Unfortunately, they cannot be identified. I have not managed to get a button to work via Flow.

1 Like

Thanks! One note; The new curtains 3 have 3 speed options now. In flows I can only choose between 2 (performance and silent). The 3 options from the switchbot app for android:

Defaultmode
Silentmode
QuietDriftmode

It seems the API doesn’t really support the QuietDriftMode. The speed parameter can be 0 for performance, 1 for quite and ff to use the mode that was set in the SwitchBot app. So I guess you could set the default in the app to QuietDriftMode and then make use of that if I add an option to use the default settings.

1 Like

Another question…

Im am not getting any information from the door sensor of my Switchbot locks. They are working and installed correctly as the led on the locks will burn shortly when I open or close the door. But in Homey Im not getting this information.

Is that a known bug?

Hello, I want to have the smart lock lock when the door closes or lock after a certain amount of time while the door is closed, not sure if i did it right.

@Marcel_Visser and @TornadoBarrage, unfortunately the lock doesn’t provide webhook notifications from the door sensor, only for Lock/Unlock. The status should be updated via polling, but that can take a while depending upon how many devices require polling.
There is a limit to the number of API calls per day and polling each device requires one API call, so the interval is increase with each device that requires it.

Edit: I have just found out the format of the status message has changed, so the status is not reported even for polling. I will post an update soon.

1 Like

New test version is in the store that fixes the Lock open / close.

1 Like

HI Adrian,

I have a question… I’m using the Switchbot app to control my curtains via a Switchbot Hub. It consists of two curtains, that work as a pair. I’ve created some flows and one of them is to let me know if batteries are empty. Now if I look in the Switchbot app, it tells me that the curtains are 43% and 37%. If I look in the Switchbot app on Homey, it says that the battery percentage is 59%.

Is the Homey app getting the percentage from somewhere else? Or do I need to change something?

Thanks!

The Homey app gets all the information from the API. I’m not sure why it’s different to both curtains as I would expect it to come from the master / device that’s added.

Is there something I can test? Or check? It is rather strange :grin: the curtain on the other window is reporting the correct battery percentage… although that is Curtain 3 and these are Curtain 2 series.

Do you guys know if the new switchbot Hub mini is any better in terms of performance or range? Maybe a new Bluetooth version? Or is is it just support for matter and a USB-C connection instead of micro USB.

Sorry, I have no idea.

Is there any update on the situation for the universal remote?
I bought one but its seem useless if it cant get paired with Homey…