[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

I’ve figured a workaround.

I wasn’t able to get the account to sufficiently delete to allow me to use an email-based login. If I input my Gmail address, it’d say that I’d created a 3rd party account and needed to use that instead…doomlooping me. I did submit a ticket to Switchbot, but thought I’d tinker a bit.

The great news is that the code (not sure if it’s in the app or on Switchbot’s side) DOES NOT understand the “Gmail dot trick.”

If I try to log in using ‘mygooglelogin@gmail.com’, I get the 3rd party redirect. But inject a dot into my email (ignored by Gmail…unless you’re using it as an inbound filter) like this: ‘mygoogle.login@gmail.com’ and Switchbot creates a new account for me which linked to the Homey Pro app perfectly. I use a password manager so having my credentials saved with a dot in them is no big deal. Any notifications still flow to my Gmail account and Homey tosses my curtains around like they’re natively controlled!!!

If they get around to replying to the deletion ticket, I’ll follow up, but for now you can get your Gmail account to work in the app’s current state.

1 Like