[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

News and tips on MELCloud - Take control of your heat pumps

and MELCloud extension - Automatically adjust the temperature of your air conditioning

3 Likes

Can someone explain the difference between the different “and” options on a air to air heatpump.
Is the heat function on “mode” the same heat function as with the “full thermostat mode”, or is there any difference. I can see that the full thermostat function also has the possibility of “dry” and fan", but the heat functions looks the same for me :wink:

Hi @Stortkoker,

If you want full control of your heat pump, you can only use the Full thermostat mode set of values, which includes fan and dry modes.

The other set of values – under HomeKit thermostat modes – allows you to control your heat pump from the Apple Home app through the Homey HomeyKit app.

However, you can also use them from Homey, as they perform the same actions.
The Apple Home app does not support fan and dry modes, so the two sets of values sync as follows:

HomeKit Modes => Full Modes
Heat => Heat + power on
Cool => Cool + power on
Auto => Auto + power on
Off => Power off (full mode unchanged)

Full Modes => HomeKit Modes
Heat => Heat (power unchanged)
Cool => Cool (power unchanged)
Auto => Auto (power unchanged)
Fan => Off (power unchanged, remains on if already on)
Dry => Off (power unchanged, remains on if already on)

Note that with the full modes, you have to manage the power on / off separately.

I hope this answers your question!

Kind regards

1 Like

Hi,

I am just looking for some help, I am currently running my Ecodan ASHP 24hrs on weather compensation. I was looking to see if you could set the maximum flow temperature on this curve through this app?

I want to create a flow to set this flow temperature back a couple of degrees overnight.

Many thanks

Chris

Hi @Chris_Evans,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you precise your need by providing a concrete use case and flow you would expect?

Hi @OlivierZal,

I am looking to set back the flow temperature at certain times of the day. The number I want to control is circled in red on the picture. This is to cut back the flow temp a couple of degrees without turning it on and off.

Hi @Chris_Evans, I think I get your use case but I’m still not sure about the flow you need, I’ll contact you in a direct message.

Hi

After the latest update to the newest version (from 9 to 13), the heat pump is not keeping the temperature over night.

I have a set point of 25 degrees and it works towards that until we go to sleep. Maybe it recognize how many people there is in the room?

This has never happened before, it has always kept the temperature continuous.

It drops the temperature from 25 to 22.5 degrees at night by some reason.

28th of march we had a power outage. The heat pump were out of power some time and I updated and restarted the app at the same time.

You can see the temperature has been stable until the 28th of march.

Any adjustments here I forgot?

Hi @Tirrazo, last releases were mainly related to the app translation, with minor changes – except for 2-zone and/or cooling heat pumps, but no change with temperature handling.

I’ll contact you in private message to see if I can help you identify why you encounter this new behaviour.

Hi,

After the last release, there is no data about CPO, enegery etc. Is it possible to get this data like before,

Thanks

Hi @JRO, are you talking about version 13?

Because I didn’t remove any data, just reshaped app settings…
Do you have some screenshot to share?

As you can see on the screenshot, I cannot reproduce.

Do you have some additional information, like the app version you use? the date and time where the values disappeared? What happens if you rester the app?

I use version v13.0.3, Last time I received daily energie used 27-3-2023. I restarted the app, but last daily energies are 6 days ago

@JRO, I’ve answered you in a private message.

LIVE CONSUMPTION IS AVAILABLE IN BETA!

Im experiencing and outage of service in Norway. Neither the Melcloud android app or Homey app can log in. Can log in on website. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi @RobFlu, it’s not an app bug but a MELCloud certificate issue, I’ve just deployed a workaround you can download here: MELCloud | Homey

Woah, that was fast! Thank you! I guessed is not a problem with your app, but the problem is with Melcloud.