[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

First of all, this is a great app! Thank you for developing this.

In the opening post I see that there is a feature request on the list to increase the window to look for cheap prices beyond 8 hours with DAP. The original post looks to be deleted. I’m not sure how far it would be increased, but I would like this too.

My use case is that I would like to use this to start and stop charging my car. I mostly work from home, so in most cases there is no deadline for charging my car. Let’s say I need to charge for 6 hours, I could make a flow that charges for 2 hours before a certain deadline so that the car is always ready for the next trip and the remaining 4 hours I would just like the cheapest energy possible. I wouldn’t mind if that slides into the next day or even the day after. If I need my car to be full, I could always boost it and accept a higher rate.

It would be great if we could have the window in which it looks for low rates extended. It does not need a deadline, because you can also calculate that in a flow and set the number of hours you are willing to wait dynamically.

• Tariff is one of the [number] lowest in [number 0-36] hours

Of course, you can only work with the data that is already available, but if the energy prices for the next day are announced at 15.00, you have a window of 36 hours for which the prices are known. In other cases, you will have less data available, but you can just ignore that.

There are cards that come close to this, but they are either limited to today or there is a deadline.

1 Like