[Request] Conditionally show widgets (e.g. by time or user presence)

I have mentioned it a comment already, but for better visibility now also in a topic.

Not all widgets are needed all the time. For example I don’t care about my camera when I’m at home, about my lights during the middle of the day, my office devices on a weekend or my AC in December.

It would be great to have the ability to at least have basic control over the conditions under which certain widgets are displayed. Of course in edit mode they should all show up (maybe with some icon to indicate that they are conditional).

At the very least current time of day, day of the week, and month as well as the presence of users.

Of course more advanced conditions depending on the current value of device capabilities, etc. would also be appreciated.

EDIT: Also see conditional cards which Home Assistant dashboards support Conditional card - Home Assistant

10 Likes

That would be some great features if that was implemented.

I’ve created a Home Assistant dashboard which has 10 static icons and like 25 dynamic icons.
Examples are:
Only show icon if big bedroom windows are open.
Only show icon if dishwasher is running.
Only show icon if cold or hot in bedroom.
Only show icon if phone is charging.

I support this request. I listen to radio. Sonos won t support graphic showing the radio station. So i made a flow that finds the graphic to the radio station. Would like conditional showing the widget, maybe depending on avariable.

Yes, the value of a variable, the state of a device, the value of a tag.