I also have the Moodlights but in my case they’re still working fine. The device becoming unavailable after setting it is often caused by the device being offline. Does it still work in the Smart Life mobile app? If it needs a Bluetooth connection, then it has lost it’s WiFi connection and will try to find the device via Bluetooth to be able to control the devices even if your internet connection is down. So you need to reset your device I think
I still have problems. I have added a virtual switch that is switched every hour, if it does not respond tuya will restart. I get a notification if this happens. Every night at 0400 tuya is restarted and occasionally once throughout the day.
I have som Tuya WiFi curtain motor (Emteco), imported through the official Tuya app, shows two simultaneous capabilities once imported into Homey: position percentage (not supported by the motor), and open, close and stop.
When exported to HomeKit, Homey exposes the percentage capability, which makes the device unresponsive in Apple Home, since that capability does not actually work on the motor. What is needed is for the device to be exposed only as open, close, stop.
The motor was imported and exported, tested and validated in Home Assistant, using the original Tuya configuration and the export app built into Home Assistant. It shows correctly on HomeKit and works.
Help Tuya app just randomly crashing ec587a9e-25e8-4e3f-8b49-6ab7526a1964
Was hopping this community was more active, even being tuya the largest smart device platform we dont have support, I´m afraid gona have to ditch my homey.
Which Homekit bridge do you use? HomeKit experiment or the HomeKitty community app? While I don’t use any Apple devices, I’ve read that the HomeKitty community app works better.
I have six identical EMTECO/Tuya Wi-Fi blinds that work perfectly inside Homey:
Up → Open
Idle → Stop
Down → Close
The problem is Apple Home integration.
I have tested Matter Bridge, HomeKit Experiment, and other available HomeKit bridging methods/configurations. In every case the result is the same:
The blinds are successfully exposed to Apple Home, appear correctly as window coverings, but ZERO commands from Apple Home operate them.
Open, close and position control do absolutely nothing, while the same blinds continue to work immediately from Homey.
I have spent hours testing bridges, configurations, pairing, Matter, HomeKit, networking and Tuya. I am not looking for another workaround, virtual device or custom Flow.
If the Tuya driver exposes the wrong capabilities, it should be fixed. If Matter Bridge/HomeKit Experiment maps them incorrectly, that should be fixed. And if the device is incompatible, Homey should not expose it as a functional window covering.
What I am asking for is identification of the broken layer and a proper fix — not another workaround around an incomplete implementation.
I can provide the complete Tuya DPs, Homey capabilities and diagnostics needed to reproduce the issue.