[App][Pro]Weather Underground PWS app (Release 3.0.9)

Hi!
Is possible to add forecast icon code?

I donā€™t understand. You can already add the forecast.

I need weather code for get icon!

Sorry I still donā€™t understand.

Hi, on capabilities is missing key for get icon, they are only description (summary). Wunderground should be have a key for mapping icon. :sweat_smile:
Like this:

Ah, OK. Getting the icon is easy but the Homey interface canā€™t change icons on the fly.

Itā€™s not a problem, i need value for use into flow

Hello Adrian, I now have a froggit pws (wh3000 se) where I can get a hub for and more temperature sensor to and even air and grond sensors. Are these automatically added to use in homey?
Do you know anything about this?

froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weather Server Wireless Weather Station USB Dongle https://amzn.eu/d/2onb4z0

It looks like that will work with my Misol and Ecowitt app that is in the store.

1 Like

Hi there @Adrian_Rockall , I have an alecto ws 5500. On its screen it says numbers between 2-8 km/h right now. In the app, it says 1-2. Can it be, that it shows the scale of beaufort in stead of km/h?

I wouldnā€™t think so. The app should read the information directly as itā€™s given by the API and as far as I remember the data is presented in km/h.

I would think itā€™s more likely to be due to the update rate. If you have a Homey Pro then you can go to the app settings screen, enable the log and wait for some data to come in. Then if you are still unsure, copy the log and send it to me to check.

Hey, many thanks for the nice app!
I have recently acquired a pool sensor GARNI 057P - Wireless sensors and accessories | GARNI technologyĀ® that can effortlessly send its data to the rest of my garni system. However, Iā€™m not seeing this data from the device, connected to channel1 of my weather station, on wunderground and thus not on homeyā€¦
Iā€™m wondering whether you perhaps know a suggestion I could try to still somehow get this info inside homey?

I canā€™t find any specification about the weather stations that say if it supports the Ecowitt format, but that is the only other suggestion I can think of. Check the [APP][Pro] Misol and Ecowitt (Release 0.1.29, Test 0.1.34 ) app to see if that will work.

I canā€™t seem to connect my weather station to the Ecowitt app (on android phone), but I suppose thatā€™s normal since I donā€™t have a wifi gateway?
I could buy one and see if it works, but it seems like a work-around. I know that weather underground can read the data of my weather station with an API key, although wunderground does not show the additional channels infoā€¦ I was sort of hoping I could somehow also tap into this same API connection and see if the data of the sensor is actually there. I guess Iā€™ll keep looking some more and hope to stumble on something before spending more money on a gateway that may or may not work.
Thanks for the fast and helpful reply though!

I was thinking more that your weather station might work as the gateway. I presume it has a display that you setup for weather underground, so maybe that can be configured for the local Ecowitt protocol. Thatā€™s how one of my weather stations is configured.

Hm, perhaps, but unsuccessful this far :frowning:
I suppose I need to change some parameters in the weather station settings themselves as well, hereā€™s a manual to it (slightly different model, but the manual seems the same principle) although not quite sure what I should jot downā€¦ Perhaps the settings on p12 are good starting point, as thatā€™s where it communicates with wunderground. Perhaps that URL is where I need to set the IP of the homey, as you describe for the Ecowitt gateway. Although I have no clue what I should set as ID and key then.

I donā€™t think the Ecowitt app is an option after looking at the manual, so Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t help.

1 Like

Good morning,

Is it possible to have the wind direction in compass type format (N S E W)? Knowing that logically the station is directed towards the north.

Would you be interested in a French translation?

I will take a look as I have done that for one of my other weather apps.

French translations would be great if you can do that. Are you familiar with GitHub and pull requests?

yes I know, I have already done several translations for several applications.

Just give me the link.