[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Many thx for your donation! :hugs:

And is PBTH still going up today?

Hi, will have to wait until tomorrow. This morning the daily reset was off. Can’t remember if I turned it on after adding the water meter again.

Perhaps I overlooked, but I haven’t found the answer. PBTH works for my P1 meter, but the generated power is not shown. I only see the power used, not the return. Is this because the gateway I use is not using the correct capability (as was the case with the water gateway)?

This is the Homey App for the gateway (click)

I don’t know how @MarcelT has set up his code (I cannot find it on github). PBTH just uses the meter_power. Whatever the source app puts in there will be used for PBTH. In my own case, using Youless as P1 meter and app, it is the total net power from the grid (consumed - delivered). But I also have a seperate meter just for my solar panels. In most cases using P1 will not show how much you actually produce yourself.

I am using the following capabilities:

"measure_power",
        "measure_power.saldo",
        "measure_power.return",
        "meter_power.hourly",
        "measure_gas",
        "meter_gas",
        "meter_power.saldo",
        "meter_power",
        "meter_power.peak",
        "meter_power.offPeak",
        "meter_power.producedPeak",
        "meter_power.producedOffPeak",
        "measure_power.l1",
        "measure_power.returnl1",
        "measure_power.l2",
        "measure_power.returnl2",
        "measure_power.l3",
        "measure_power.returnl3",
1 Like

And why do you have a meter_power and a meter_power.saldo? What do you put in meter_power?

1 Like

Hi,
In meter_power I put PowerDelivered_total. in saldo delivered-returned.

1 Like

Hello @Gruijter , as you can see the hour and day consumption is OK. But the month and year consumption is not correct. Yesterday before 0:00 everything reset and checked to 0.

They seem correct to me when you only started yesterday. Did you fill in the start of month and start of year meter values? Since the source device does not provide the real water meter value you need to fill in negative numbers.

all values ​​started at zero

That might be the reason my PBTH power device is not showing what I want to see. In my case it shows the delivered power, but the returned power is not subtracted in the statistics.

Indeed. And to know how much your solar panels produce you need a seperate meter for them anyways.

Ton, I mean what did you fill in at the advanced device settings. You need to fill in negative numbers for month start and year start

I entered zero for all three

@Ton_van_Rijnsoever

Or do I not understand you maybe? You say this month and this year are incorrect. What do you expect them to be if you did not enter a number in the device settings?

1 Like

@Gruijter
Yep, I measure my panels separately!

I’m not sure if you are experiencing issues with v2.5.0 Can I release it as stable?

Hi, it works as I expect. Thanks you for your good and fast solution.

1 Like

is it possible to add a start date? I mean, I always get my annual statement in May. will be nice if the year consumption for me starts in May.

Interesting idea. Let me think about that. If it is not too difficult to implement I will add that option.

4 Likes