[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I think your tip to use watt as source may help my update issue, but is the unaccuracy bit a huge issue, or is it close enough?

Just try and find out. In most cases it works good enough.

1 Like

v4.4.9 is ready as test version

• Updated Norwegian translation
1 Like

This Formula will help with Shelly devices.

Thx 4 sharing.

And I havent been able to test it myself, since I dont have shelly devices, but I think enabling ‘has daily reset’ could also work for occasional/random resets. This should work provided:

• you use kWh as source (not watt as source!)
  • the meter is normally only going up (never down)
  • the random reset is to 0 kWh (not a higher value)

v4.5.0 is ready as test version Power by the Hour | Homey

• Added Danish translation
  • Updated Dutch translation
  • Updated homey-api@1.7.4

Many thanks to @Yestond for the Danish translation :hugs:

PBTH is now available in 8 languages :partying_face:

I still need volunteers to translate to Spanish, Polish and Russian. See this link if you want to volunteer: LEARN A NEW SKILL: contribute to open source software by translating the app Power By The Hour

1 Like

Hi.

The prices for Denmark is updated around 13:00 everyday, is it possible to read out price now +17 hrs at this time ?

The reason I need this is to charge my car, in the 3 best hours between 15 and 06.

Kind regards, Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

Due to different EU timezones, day light savings periods, and the way the data is provided by the European TSO’s, only 8 hours ahead can be ‘guaranteed’ at any time of the day. I already made a flowcard that tries to find the lowest prices 12 hours ahead. But this means that the flowcard doesnt always do what is intended. This problem is now limited to start hours between noon and 4pm. I do not feel comfortable to increase the ahead hours to more than 12.

So in your case just split the period up in 2 flows, e.g. between midnight an noon, and between noon and midnight. Or just always select the lowest 3 hrs ‘today’, plus the lowest 3 12hrs before 6am.

Hi,

I have added Homey Pro Power as the device to see power consumption, but i am getting 0.
What am I missing?

Regards

I finally changed the ¤ to the € and that was no problem.
But all the prices get the € sign but only the unit price stays ¤.
I also restarted the app and updated it today.
When I change it to anything else, everything changes but not the unit price.

Can you share a screenshot?

I have the same problem see screenshot

Ah ok, I see. Will fix it in a next release. Thx for reporting!

3 Likes

I wasnt sure what you meant @Tirrazo. But I tried myself and indeed I see that I now can add a device called Homey_Epower. It doesnt make sense to add Homey itself because it only uses around 2 watts, and it is also a fixed power setting in stead of the real measured power.

PBTH should be used to monitor a real power, gas or water device, like your main power meter.

Hi. Is it possible to add a couple of flow cards? :slight_smile:
I would like to start something (water heater, turn up temperature, charge my car and so on) when the price is greater or equal to X% cheaper than the daily average. And on the same time a flow card with greater or equal to X% more expensive than the daily average.

Tried to show it in this chart. Between 8:40 and 12:35 I want to charge my car for example. And for example (not drawed in the chart with other than horizontal lines) between 15:30 and 19:40 I would lower my temperature with some degrees. (The times will be 8-13 and 15-20 I think, but you see my point)

Maybe this already can be achieved in some other ways? Unless, is it possible to create those cards? :slight_smile:

This WHEN card is already available. Also for the inverse (% higher than average). Or do you mean you need them as AND card?

You are very much correct :sweat_smile: But yes, for some reason I’ve created all flows basing my WHEN on something that I always know happens. So all of my WHEN’s are “Price changed”, then checking things in the < AND>. So if not a lot of work, and you/other see’s it as nice to have, I would love that card as and AND card :slight_smile:

I will add it on my todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And thx for your kind donation @MatsHansen ! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: