[App][Pro] PaperTrails Log - Advanced Logging and Log management (v0.6.3)

Hi Geurt,

I use Papertrails since I started with Homey and it was many, many times very useful to find out what was going wrong with my flows :upside_down_face:
Like you say, Arie has upgraded SimpleLog big time and, the main thing I liked about Papertrails, is just recently possible with SimpleLog: to be able to auto add/remove logcards to some/all of my flows.

I want to thank you big time m8!

2 Likes

Very true. I must thank you again (as I did in the PM); Papertrails has helped me a lot in troubleshooting. But in understanding how Homey flows work as well… such an app it so very useful when you are trying to find your way in such a new device/environment…

1 Like

Thank you for your effort, Geurt. Papertrails has been an invaluable addition to my setup. I especially loved the syslog-server functionality.
I already noticed that this is not available in Simple Log, so let’s see how we can work around that.

What are you missing?
I didn’t know the PaperTrails Log (yeah by name ofc, but i didn’t use it) and never intended to replace it.
I just gave answer to a few feature requests about Syslog interfacing.

Now, i don’t know what’s missing, but, perhaps i can add it to help migration?

Could the Papertrails host a Syslog-server?

If so, that is planned for Simple Log ( [APP][Pro] Simple (Sys) LOG - Use this app for Simple (Sys) Logging - Apps - Homey Community Forum), if not, please explain (perhaps on the Simple Log topic) what you mean?

I think I did not use the proper wording to make myself clear.
What I meant is that I use Papertrails to send each log-entry to my Raspberry Pi syslog server. I just read that this should be possible with your app as well, by adding a device.
I will experiment this weekend, but it seems your app does everything I am looking for!

EDIT: Did a quick test and it is already working. Great stuff!

1 Like

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that the settings screen is not fully working in the desktop version yet. The tabs navigation seems to be broken, clicking them does not do anything.

Did anyone get this working?
(All my flows have papertrails cards currently.

Yes, it’s mentioned in the Simple Log topic

1 Like