[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Apparently the app did not handle that homey upgraded to 8.1.6. Now all buttons changed name to Yes/no, even if they are correct in the settings.

I am a new user to Homey, coming from Home Assistant.
I have some devices that are not directly supported by my Homey Pro.
I am looking for a way to include these data into one or more devices and my thought was to use this app, but I can’t really find a description how to start.
Getting the data inside Homey via a HTTP request or MQTT should not be the problem.

One device is an ESPHome smart plug where I want to display the State (ON/OFF), current Power (W) and Total Energy (kWh) and to be able to switch the plug on or off.
The other is my heating system where I only want to monitor temperatures and ON/OFF states.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction or if this app is really the way to do it?

1 Like

I managed one smart plug. Cause of my confusion were the fundamental differences between the webapp and the mobile app.
In the webapp you cannot define the capabilites shown in the screenshots here (sadly for me), whereby the mobile app is working fine.
(HP Early 2023)

Good idea, but I want to get most of my devices native to Homey.

You could try the new esp home app:

If you open the device editor, change 1 name and press save, it should fix all names.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked

Hi,
I try to use standard templates, but the devices to replace are always empty. Any ideas?

Thx Tobi

IMG_1969|231x500

Is there something that can be done about the differences in the Device Maintenance between the Mobile app and the Web app?

At the moment creating and editing is only possible on mobile app, but I would like to edit the device also on the Web app.

Not sure what you are missing.
The naming of the Homey menu entries is managed by Athom, not by app developers.
It is not the clearest, but it’s all there.

In the web app, with the blue + button you can add an AVD. Make sure the Devices screen is opened (just like in the mobile app) :

With the ‘repair’ option I can edit an AVD

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I am new to Homey and the missing piece was the “Repair” in the right click menu of the Webapp.
I was looking for this possibility in the same place as in the Mobile app (from which I only know the newest one).

Now I know where I can edit these properties comfortably from my keyboard and big screen.

1 Like

Very great app!
I have a question: is possible to customize capabilities name?
When i create multiple capabilities with the same type the capabilities name of next one ha _numberX
Example:

• measure_power
  • measure_power_number3

i wish i could rename “measure_power_number3”

Alternatively it is possible to add more capabilities type like: solar_power, grid_power, home_power?

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

It’s been a while. I hope you’re fine.

I missed a lot on the forum I see. Any news about the mandatory number in the status field?

Athom changed it, you should be able to use text as status indicator as well

Ah, yes. Pretty naïeve to not try it first myself. Thanks @Peter_Kawa

1 Like

Hi Arie,

for the picker list could you add:
Automatic-Manual-Off

Thank you in advance!

Hi Manney,

This is still an issue. Any idea when there wil an update that will fix this.

I have removed a lot of AVD but still the app crashes when a AVD is used.

21c41514-8eaa-433e-bfec-efd388953aa0

Thanks.

@Heula
Next week i have multiple homey days planned :slight_smile:

I hope to than have testversion with the new homey-api.

1 Like