[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

That a ShowAs OnOff is really an OnOff button, so other apps or services like Alexa will see it as real onOff.
This is what happends when you set the Create Flowcards checkbox on (which is the text for, just a better explanation).

Hi @Robinjo,
Nice flow set

I wanted to let you know the Device Capabilities app also has advanced virtual devices, but they’re next level, and they can f.i. provide for flowcards for color, hue and whatnot

Look at the Then cards as if they’re on the Satellite Homey

Now this flow is on one Homey not even necessary, the AVD can control many devices, and can be controlled without flows

1 Like
  • Erstellen Sie echte Gerätefunktionen und entsprechende Flow-Karten, wie z.B. An/Aus
  • Wenn diese Option ausgewählt ist, entspricht diese Funktion einer echten Gerätefunktion. Entsprechende Standard-Flow-Karten sind verfĂźgbar.

Hardly anyone will be familiar with “ShowAs type” I guess. In my opinion the term is too technical. And in my opinion there is no meaningful German translation. So I tried to find a more understandable description. I hope I succeeded.

German-speaking users are welcome to make other suggestions.

1 Like

Well, the ShowAs is the field right above this text, that’s why i reference to that.
The red lined one is the ShowAs.

Toon als / ShowAs = Anzeigen als

Wenn diese Option ausgewählt ist, entspricht dieses Feld dem “Anzeigen als” Typ, und für dieses Feld sind Standard-Flow-Karten verfügbar.

1 Like

Thank you @Peter_Kawa for this information, I’ve been playing around with it today but came into a lot of bugs that I didn’t expect or maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I’m a guy that is using Virtual Devices from the beginning of Homey what have a lot of potential. Mostly VD from original Arjan Kranenburg and now taken over by @Arie_J_Godschalk that made it SDKv3 compatibele. The nice thing about it, is that the virtual device app can toggle a switch without a trigger if you don’t want to get into a loop.

The things I ran into with the VD from DC where that every value are in default from 0 to 1 in decimal values. Brightness is 0 to 100% you can change in the app device recovery app setting but when you do that in combination with “create field and flow cards” set to thru the background color is going to black.
Only coming back if you disable it and restart the app, but thats just a workaround.

Other thing is the color wheel what is also 0 to 1 in decimal values, If I change the steps to 1 it is never going to 360 because somewhere it is counting from 0 to 1.

And some other strange behavier, when you sometime switch between color presets and custom you get this.

The color spectrum is gone.

Ofcourse we can recalculate this in an AF, but I think that is not the idea of this app.

For now the only thing to get it working for me is setting everything default, without parameter setting in de device, and do all the value alterations logics in an AF.

I’m I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Please create a ticket how you would want it.
Not many users use colors yet it think, so there might be some functionalities missing that could be added

AVDs can also have switches without a trigger, and without looping. So not sure what you mean with this.

Also not sure what you would want here?
By brightness you mean Dim?
(I just see that the slider for dim is different than for other dim devices, different icons. Weird.
NVM, i forgot to set the class to light)

@Robinjo Did you set the class to light?

and “set to thru the background color is going to black.” what else should it be?
All my devices are black in the background in the WebUI.
In the Homey App, it should turn lighter based on the dim, but only if you have set the class to light.

It was just to give some credits to the original developer. I’m having set you very high so no worries :wink:

Next thing is indeed Dim. Yes I set the class to light.

What I mean with that the background is black, that is not presenting the RGB color chosen by app dimmed or not anymore just no color.

1 Like

And when does it turn black?
Because with mine it keept the color i set it to:

it happens when you are playing with the min and max settings and apply them

1 Like

Also had the same result on the 2016 model to check if it was nog a 2023 model thing

1 Like

Ah, well i guess the color that athom/homey gives to the device, is also based on 0-1, so you can perhaps change the min max, but than the device will be in the wrong color.
Not much i can do about that im afraid.

@Arie_J_Godschalk
No problem at all, but it keeps strange that with Dim you can alter this behavier in the app and is giving me a black blackground., but a value of 0 to 100 %. Maybe best and simpel way to delete this option from the app and do everything from AF?

1 Like

going to sleep now, have a good night. Thanks for everything

1 Like

Well, you dont need to configure it differently, you can choose to just select showas dim, and it will act as used to.

But the whole idea of AVDs is to be able to configure all properties: in some cases, you would want dim to be set to 0-100, and if the device class is not a light, it would not change the backgroundcolor, but it might save calculations in flows.
And in AF a calculation is not that hard, but in regular flows, calculation and using that calculation does require a lot more work.

Also, this allows f.i. for 0-255% or 0-1 with steps of 0.1, stuff like that.

So, ill keep the options in, if you don’t mind :wink:

Like your commitment to the homey community very much, you and also some others will make the most out of it and thats very nice for us not programming guys, but normal guys that can think logical, and having benefits of you guys.

I’m all with you, you do some cool stuff. Do your thing. I rely on that.

1 Like

Just resolved: Templates were not loading correct and made the app crash.
This is now resolved.

3 Likes

That was quick!
I still worry a little bit about the memory usage. Is this within limits or shouldn’t it go past 50MB ?
(skip the 70+ MB peak, this happened after importing a TEF, and the app crashed in the end, but that’s fixed now)

1 Like

Well, i would say no. I am running a pretty constant 25MB, but i have a lott of AVDs and groupAVDs, which is pretty heavy.
How much memory does it use after a homey restart?

Peter and what mobile app shows ?
We discussed that recently on SLACK, as it’s not clear what it actually shows…

example :
Eufy 43.3MB vs. insights value 83MB
DC - 41 MBvs 77MB
Worx - 37MB vs 77MB

From Josh Lyon :

RSS (Resident Set Size) is the total memory size of the app, including memory shared with other apps.
— When the RSS is too high, the app might be killed by Homey Pro.

PSS (Proportional Set Size) is the memory size of the app, excluding memory shared with other apps.
— An Homey App should not use more than 30MB of memory.
— Reduce the number of Node.js modules to use less memory.

FYI, Athom implemented new view - Homey Developer Tools

obrazek

2 Likes