[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Please also do note, that all default icons, during App install/update, are extracted from a single compressed file, into the userdata folder.
And the userdata folder is shown as memory usage.
Extracted it is about 3,5MB (on my local disk it uses 7MB diskspace).

Perhaps (one day) i could create a addendum to Better Logic Library: Icons.
That way, the icons would be placed in the addendum app, and would not need to be compressed.
But im not sure that it will save memory in total, iā€™ll have a look some day.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I forgot to do that :frowning:

Followed the link, pressing Allow:

But the page stands still here:

Where am I supposed to get redirected?

https://api.athom.com/oauth2/authorise?client_id=5bd33e9b9c99fc4f8d0bc231&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fcli.athom.com&response_type=code

Refreshing the site once, getting this code:

Shall this client ID be replaced with an ID of my own?

And do I have to start creating an app and download node js as Athom does in this video?

Uhh, you are sharing your ClientID and Secret (auth code). Luckily this code is only valid for a short time :wink:
You should better delete the screenshot.

1 Like

This is not mine! :smiley:

This is from an official YouTube video made by Athom :slight_smile:

But I still need help to get this started on my own.

1 Like

Haha, havenā€™t seen that. Nice that Athom is sharing their HoemyID.

You can open the url in your browser (firefox/chrome) and open the developer console (STRG+Shift+K in Firefox).
Open ā€œNetwork analyseā€ tab.
Login
Then there should appear the call with the code in the console where you can copy the code.
Paste it into the app settings. But be fast as the code is only valid vor some seconds (~20 or 30).

1 Like

After doing the steps in the post for this AVD, the tile is not changing :open_mouth:

1 Like

Not sure but (asuming HOOP is working correctly):
Open the flow and set every HOOP cardā€™s device correct.
If thats not working, please share a print screen of the flow.

Here you are:
63d3c3cb-0221-497a-ac50-42f2d18fbb96

As you can see, the memory usage is still increasing:

Donā€™t know exactly what happened at the 3rd of December, but I guess I created a new ADC. But in the last few days I have created ADC and deleted some. Other than creating a few flows, I didnā€™t do anything special.
Is it possible that after deleting still remain ā€œcode restsā€ and they need memory, which can not be deleted (except after a homey restart)?

The memory usage is reaching its limits and Homey is getting sluggish at times:

I am already looking for ways so that I can do without 2-3 apps and delete them. But this was not necessary until recently.
What I also canā€™t explain why Homey uses so much memory (353 MB!).

1 Like

Sorry Peter, but I see it differently. As far as I know, Athom specifies that the memory consumption of an app should not exceed 30 MB.
I think that the MQTT Hub app should also not use more memory than 30 MB. If the app could be optimized regarding memory consumption I donā€™t know, Iā€™m not a programmer.

1 Like

Indeed.

i have the same since a few months: after a Homey restart, i use about 50-60% memory, but that will keep growing.
I already disabled DC for a few days, but still, Homey keeps growing aswell as all apps that use the athom-api (like HS).
Also apps without the Athom-API will grow, f.i. the Google Service App: Yours shows 31MB right now, but mine 25MB (and it should be about the same).
If you restart your Homey, i am (pretty) sure that the GS will use way less MB, around the 25ish.

This Memory buildup is since the 8.0.0 or 8.0.3 i think. I didnā€™t have this isue at least before, but it might be an app or something ofc also.

The problem that the total memory consumption has increased so extremely is something Iā€™ve only had for a few days. As far as I have observed, the last Homey firmware updates, I installed v8.1.0 at the 23rd of November. had no influence on it.

1 Like

Well, please note, this is a very straign point of view imho.
For example, when you include and use the Athom-API, you are already gonne be at about 20MB.

But also, for the Google Services i needed to include the Google Cloud APIā€™s: this alone makes the app run at 23MB minimum.

Perhaps when the ā€œbugsā€ or growing issue is solved, it will be different.

So i guess i would agree that an App, after full Homey restart, should not use more then 30MB in most cases :wink:

Well, for me, this happend a few weeks/months ago.
Here is my last 31 days:

My last 31 days of the DC app:

Edit

Bevor and after Homey restart:

Approx. 34 % less memory usage.

1 Like

Thank you,

I will try further and see if it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I click the link in your post

I get the needed code string after logging inā€¦
Not sure why you donā€™t?
Are you on a laptop/pc?
Try an other browser, f.i. Firefox?

1 Like

I tried again now with the same browser and I suddenly got the code :open_mouth:

What could dhave caused this?

2 Likes

Ah, you got me wrong :grimacing::hugs:. I will explain myself better:
I was trying to say I was thinking for myself that this app is, for me, allowed to use over 40 to 50MBā€™s, while it is so handy and useful.
Thatā€™s why I did not report it as an issue yet.

I do agree the memory usage is a bit too high, but I canā€™t imagine it is possible this app would use less (no clue how that works).
I mean, like I mentioned, an app like MQTT Hub uses over 40MBā€™s all the time. Appearantly this canā€™t be reduced for that app.
Device Capabilities is like 5 apps into 1 :upside_down_face:

I also agree apps in general preferrably should take as little as possible memory, so we can run more neat apps with the mere 1GB of RAM.
(I was stunned the Pro 2023 got only 2GB and not 8GBā€¦)

1 Like

Is it possible to add a device as an electricitymeter so that it will show up in the Energy tab in the Homey app?
With like:
Energy:
ā€œcumulativeā€: true

1 Like

No, not yet, altho i did start implementing energy settings a while back, but since nobody needed it, i never finished it.
Please create a feature/support ticket at bitbucket for it. Thanks!

1 Like