[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

Yes, in the BLL calculation field, enter:

$values[1] - $values[0]

No problem, I just did a test with the live version, but is exactly the same problem. No client is shown

Is there a way to trigger a flow when a property of an AVD has changed but not when it was changed via the AVD-flow card “set to and <…>”?

I want to trigger the update of a real device when the property of an AVD has changed, but I also constantly poll that real device and update the property in AVD if it changes. Right now, as soon as I update the AVD with a value from the real device, it would also trigger an unnecessary update of the real device (with the value that I just read from that real device).

Yes, if you use the custom AVD When cards, and you set the Then cards to … do nothing else.
Then those When cards are not triggered.

That’s not really what I need. I want to use those when-cards in various flows to trigger whenever a property changes. The AVD should behave like any other device, where I would also use that flow cards.

But I need a trigger that activates whenever the property was changed (to update the real device) EXCEPT when the property was changed by the AVD-flow card “set to and <…>” (because I don’t want to send something to the real device that I just polled from there).

Please show me which when and then cards you are using rifht now?

This is what I want to do (TEST is the name of the AVD):

Maybe I’m missing something, but I’m not aware of a trigger that distinguishes between the second and third flow in the example.

In this image, set the top-right flowcard to Do nothing.
Thats it.

Then the second part will not be executed.

Then the second flow won’t trigger but it should.

Sorry, i ment, the second part will not be executed by the first part.

But there is probably another When flowcard that will get triggered, if you enable Create real field.

I have “Create real field” enabled:

There are no other When flowcards that trigger on a change:

Quick one, maybe already asked before; Is there anyway to provide a custom “List” ? I see some pre-defined ones, but I have a custom device with other list options than available in the pre-defined ones.

Check out post number 2 in this topic.

2 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk Any idea why I don’t see any When-triggers for the change of various properties?

Example: I have this AVD with three properties:

But I only have triggers when those properties rise above or drop below a certain level, but no regular trigger when those properties simply change. I have on trigger “Die Temperatur hat sich geändert”, which shouldn’t actually be there, because there simply is no property “Temperatur”. (I can’t use the AVD specific flow cards “Wenn ” for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.)

Just for the sake of completeness, the settings for one of the properties. I checked the option to create flow cards.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just some inspiration :partying_face:

Playing with my new washingmachine, I wanted to see it’s progress %, time remaining and current job status on the previous mobile app, version 6.x

The v7.x app is now (finally) able to show text on tiles, you can use a ‘Text’ field instead of the ‘Status’ field

This one shows actual power use, current job status and end-time

This flow feeds the adv. virtual device (be careful with the interval, for me it’ll do with 5 minutes):
Screenshot from 2024-03-15 19-46-28

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa ,

Looks good.

The timers load the Homey, do you have another solution? Can you use a trigger instead?

Arie, this is a long shot I think, but I was wondering if the AVD’s might be a good way to manage the state, and to control, a home solar system. All the control levers are available to control solar output, charge, discharge, buy, sell etc. But the real difficulty is tracking the status of the devices and making a decision about what action to take. These decisions are based on:

• the battery and its % charge
  • the relationship between solar production vs home power consumption
  • the buy and sell price of electricity both of which can be -ve or +ve (so like today I was being paid 10c/kWh to charge my battery. At the same time I need to watch the sell price as it is also -be and as soon as the battery is full I will be charged for exporting power to the grid. So I need to quickly curtail solar production from the inverter.
    There are probably other factors as well but they are the important ones.
    Is this a system which could be made easier to describe and control using Advanced Capabilities? Has anyone already done this?

Well, yeah i think it could, but, there is an app called Power by the Hour. I dont have experience with the app myself, but it has everything todo with electricity cost and solar power afaik.

Perhaps first check that app out:

2 Likes

Thank you, Marius.

Imho ‘every 5 minutes’ does not put extra load on Homey, I’m thinking more about the less than ‘every 30s’ triggers.
But, you’re right, better safe than sorry;
to use triggers, you can use the washing machine power consumption as trigger.
I think it changes enough to keep the status updated while the machine is active. When the machine is off, the standby power may vary a bit, and trigger the flow, but the action card doesn’t get executed. No clue what the minimal power change is for those trigger cards. Probably 1Watt.

1 Like