[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

Dear Arie (or reader) maybe you can help me a bit. I try to set up a AVD with a picker list. (I did a request for a specific list). In my test ADV I would like to have the picked value in the status indicator field of the tile. But, in order to do that, i apparantly need a BLL expression to format the field for text (if I understand correctly). Here a screenshot of the settings of the Status Indicator Veld so far… Its a trial ADV called “ADV testritje” and I use a provided picker list (Automatisch, Aan, Uit)

I am a total nitwit in programming-language and I have no clue how to get a standard BLL expressie.
I did instaal thet BLL app, but how to get to the library riddles me. Is there dummies way to help me?

Hello,
I’m trying to make a virtual device for use with my AC.
What I want to do is have a list with options for to select a time for the duration the AC needs to stay on. So it may look like:
-15 min
-30 min
-45 min
-60 min
-90 min
-120 min

Is this possible to do with this app?

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I think you have to request a custom picker, be patient though :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I think I will implement it with a slider.

Other question, I want to display the remaining time on the Chronograph timer as status indicator.
I tried this but this will display it as seconds.
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 15.08.25
How can I convert this to a minute:second format?

Thanks

Entering this BLL epression should do the trick, Tim:

1 Like

Sorry :wink:

One more week of holidays, than it’s back to normal programmed schedule :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the reply. But if I enter this the counter stays on the same value as with seconds and freezes.

Yea, not sure, but try pause / resume timer (from chronograph settings screen)
or restart DC app maybe.
Oh, if you timer doesn’t exceed 24hrs, you can leave out the DD: part

Tried that already but with no luck. Sometimes instead of freezing it will count something like this:
123718 > 123504 > 122340 etc. completely random.

The number field is for numbers, you cannot place text in it like this.
There might be another way (use the unit bll expression on Number fields), but you will “crash” you homey mobile app, becuase you will contantly update the Unit field of a numbers field, and that is bery heavy on the homey mobile app.

But it is a number right?
I thought maybe I can use math.divide($value,60) to display it as minutes but it still doesn’t work :frowning:

Tey capital m for Math.divide?
Or just $value/60
That should work.

Hi Arie, Thanks for the reply!
This kinda works, now for 900 seconds (15 minutes) it displays 14991 >14974 etc
now I need to round it somehow. I tried Math.ceil($value/60) but this doesn’t do the job.

Math.round perhaps?
The math object is basic JavaScript Math object.

I tried this: Math.round((Number($value) + 30) / 60)
But it looks like it doesn’t do anything with this

Edit: after some looking it looks like it is using Ms.
With this it works: Math.round((Number($value) / 1000 + 30) / 60)

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hmmm. It has been a while but I think I am finally ready for adding lots of DC devices to my new HP23, so I can decommission the HP19.

When creating a new empty device, and add a list picker only, it does not create logic variables, despite these settings:

Any clues? I spent at least 45 mins recreating and trying different options, but when using in advanced flow, a “WHEN” card, looking for the logic variable value of this list, it is not appearing. Not when initialised, not after changing the value set, not after reboot. Hidden fields on/off does not help.

I am on DC 2.14.8 / tested on HP23 - FW 10.0.1 and 10.0.2.

Please create a ticket? Ill have a look.

1 Like

I really like this app.

Is it possible to show this picture inside a device.
Like to see my solarpower statistics

You can start with this:
Pictures on Homey can be found here:https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/images
Overhere, it’s looks like this:

When you open the picture in a new tab,

You can copy it’s URL, which you can use in a virtual camera:

Result

2 Likes

I managed to display the image in the device.
However, the Insight App generates a new url each time.

Would be better if I could use the image tag. This is because it adapts automatically.