[APP] Husqvarna Automower Connect

Yes, the app is still in development and it work fine on Homey Pro 2023. I made a change to support it the same week as we developers got our hands on the new model.

Please give some more details on your problem and i might be able to assist. Screenshots, error messages etc. Make sure you read the instructions/tips/tricks in the first post carefully.

OK thanks. It seemed to fail during install.
However I just installed via the homey web app store instead of via the Homey App and it succeeded installation.

After that it worked.
Sorry for confusion.

@BufferOverflow
Hi Magnus!
Any new version in the pipe to solve the problems with not sending errocode and showing the new state and activity? (Pls see above posts 96 & 97)
Thnx!

@BufferOverflow
Great app. works very well.
But when I send pause from Homey it goes back to the charging station and do not pause momentarily is this right?
If you pause from the automower app, it pauses momentarily

Hello, also got a problem with error code card, , impossible to start a flow with error code, the app get stuckedšŸ¤”ā€¦

Unfortunately I donā€™t know if @BufferOverflow is still maintaining this app, as itā€™s been over 1 year since the last update - And I reported the bug almost 3 years agoā€¦

Best regards,
Kristofer Stenum

I have at least plans for an update during the spring/early-summer but of course things can come in the way. Lets make it ā€˜the error codeā€™ release :wink: The latest update i made was just a year ago but focused on Homey Pro 2023 compatibility.

@BufferOverflow,
Hi Magnus!
That sounds good - Iā€™m looking forward to a version that solves the problems with not sending errorcode and showing the right state and activity! :slightly_smiling_face:

For more info about the bugs - See my earlier comments on No errorcode and state/activity is not showing the latest Ā· Issue #13 Ā· magohl/com.husqvarna.automower Ā· GitHub

Thank you for your answer, hoping it will be fixedā€‹:crossed_fingers::hugs:

Cordialement,

Yann

Hello BufferOverflow, I also have an Automovwer 315x and the problem with the pause command is currently still present with me.

When the pause command is sent via Homey, the Automower drives to parking instead of going into a break.

Is there already a new app version in which this error is fixed?

For some reason i did not get the fix to this included in the 1.2.1 version. I will make sure its in the next version which should be due quite soon as it looks right now.

I have started to look on this now. I have recorded some different error payloads from Husqvarnas API so that i now can setup a mock to simulate them without having to go outside while coding late at night :slight_smile:

Will report back here. Without promising i hope to have something in a few weeks at the most.

1 Like

Now i have new version (1.3.0) deployed to ā€˜testā€™ that contain both bugfixes and some new features.

https://homey.app/a/com.husqvarna.automower/test/
[As always - read the Homey 'warning' before installing test versions]

@Krisstenswe @Andreas_310 @Yann_Yann @Mats_Hegna @Sledsens - this version should address a few things reported by you and it would be very appreciated if one or more of you could give 1.3.0 a try.

Changelog 1.2.1 ā†’ 1.3.0:

• Action ā€˜Pauseā€™ now send the correct command to the mower (bugfix).
  • Trigger ā€˜ErrorCode changedā€™ now handled correctly. This fixes side effects where other triggers did not work correctly (bugfix).
  • Fixed minor issue handling device settings of the polling (bugfix).
  • Added new error codes from Husqvarna. (37 new in total)
  • Added capability ā€˜Inactive Reasonā€™ which Husqvarna have just added to their API.
  • Added trigger ā€˜Inactive Reason changedā€™.
  • Added action ā€˜Pollā€™ that will force a status update independent of automatic polling. Allow longer polling intervals.
1 Like

Great!
I have installed 1.3.0.
After installation it didnā€™t find my Automower, but after I re-entered the ā€˜App secretā€™, it found my Automower again.
I have created test flows for the various ā€˜changedā€™ events, so now I am testing and keeping my fingers crossed that it works!
Thnx Magnus!

@BufferOverflow
OK, I seem to have found a bug!
I have the following flow that gives me a notification if the error code changes:

However, I get a notification every 10 minutes, which seems to be the same as polling.

It seems that it sends a notification every polling period, even though the error code hasnā€™t changed since the last timeā€¦? Or have I misunderstood something?

I also have the corresponding test flow for Activity, Inactive reason, Mode, Next start and State. But they donā€™t trigger every 10 minutes. It is only the Error code flow that behaves as it does.

That is not ideal and not how it should work. I did not have that issue myself but i will make more tests (uninstall, reinstall 1.2.1, add device and a flow, upgrade to 1.3.0 test). Can somebody else upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0 (test) confirm if they had to reinstall the device?

Strange. It should only trigger when the errorcode change. I tried this on my end and only got the trigger the first time.

I installed the update and it seems like he is now responding correctly to the pause command!!!

Very nice. But Iā€™m still testing.

Sounds great @Andreas_310, thanks for testing.

When you upgraded, did you have to add your mower or credentials again or did it work as expected?

Hi @Krisstenswe, i have made more tests on my side both with my mower and with a mock/simulator and i get the code only the first poll it changed. In your example you seem to get ā€˜nullā€™ as the errorcode which seem strange, it should return 0 when no error. Do you ever see the errorcode number there?

If you have time could you remove the device, re-add it, set the polling to 1min and maybe recreate the flow with the error trigger. Then trigger an error on the mower to see what happens?

Thanks for helping with testing! :slight_smile:

No, I didnā€™t have to re-enter anything. Appkey and Appsecret were still available.

I only restarted the app after the update.