[APP][Pro] Rfxcom.2 App - Read and writes to Rfxcom devices

Rfxcom

Read and writes to Rfxcom devices and easywave RX09 usb stick to communicate with rf 433 devices like oregon klika oregon and rf x10 (not x10 security protocol ) 868 devices like visonic and with faak rollershutters

it works with the following rf 433 and 868 intefaces

• rfxtrx 433 all models connected to a pi 3
  • legacy rfxlan devices all models 433 and 868
  • Eldat Easywave USB stick RX09 to control faak rollershutters connected to a pi 3

it implements the following devices

*Oregon
*X10
*visonic sensors
*faak rollershutters

12-11-2017 complete rewrite to sdk2
left app settings these are not evolved like the devices , made devices of rfxcom transceivers, receivers and transmitters

22-12-2017 first admission to github beta version rfxtrx receiving put off
x10 works on lan sending and receiving
TEMPHUM works
app still in design fase

30-12-2017 combined drivers lan rfxcom devices and rfxtrx devices in driver rfxcom
visonic sensor devices door and movement and contact are available and report their status
x10 ms13e on/off and dim works on lan and rfxtrx sending on/off commands possible rfxtrx and lan , dim and bright also on lan andrfxtrx
each RfxCom device can be stopped receiving an sending data via settings

16-02-2018 all visonic devices security are placed under the slave driver ,
for first inclusion of type of device in the slave driver which should include all devices in the future as class extended by master driver
added last read time sensors in settings device
made THB sensor work in oregon driver

added Eldat Rx09 Easywave usb stick which receives Easywave Rf on a pi 3 as virtual rfxcom device

to make the pi usbserial driver work with the Eldat Rx09 usbstick see

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/78908/eldat-easywave-usbserial-device-not-detected/79020#79020

to adapt the pi 3 for serial to net communication with Athom Homey 

https://github.com/nattlip/pi.node.serial2net

added Faak rollershutter Easywave device working with the Eldat Rx09

27-02-2018 deleted temphum driver, incorperated it in overall oregon driver
added supprt for oregon temp , rain and uv devices, so functionality is same as orgeon app
added flow trigger for received X10 on off commands

23-08-2018 added new forum link

27-01-2019 made app Homey firmware V2 compliant, a lot changed in the pairing code V2

28-01-2019 fixed a bug in socketclient

3-02-2019 fixed that not more then one usb device could be reached on a Rapberry pi, now multiple connections are possible with pi,
or an ip in general (usefull in portforwarding)

15-03-2019 fixed two bugs which could led to crashes, receiving a somfy signal and adding remotes for somfys, somfy is not implemented in app ,
but rfxtrx receives the commands.

If you like the app, consider buying me a Homey Pro !
Paypal donate

Copyright (c) 2019 Jilles Miedema

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ā€œSoftwareā€), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ā€œAS ISā€, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. Contact GitHub API Training Shop Blog About Ā© 2016 GitHub, Inc. Terms Privacy Security Status Help

wont work in v2 for the time being

committed the v2 version to stable on github . waiting for approval :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.jilles.rfxcom.2 new update released

1 Like

I have installed this app.

So far after 48 hours it has not been able to detect a single one of the Oregon sensors.

I suspect I am getting this all wrong, but cannot find any user documentation on how to use it.

Is it only for external rfxcom USB adapters run through a Raspberry PI?

Iā€™m into day 3 with the Homey and processing the learning curve.

Any insights would be helpful.

1 Like

did you install this on the pi 3 with debian os ? do you have other usb equipment attachted to the pi3 ? then you hevae to find out which usb port the rfxtrx is using. is os debian updated to thel latest version ?
is node installed on your pi 3 .

this app can also address the older rfxcom devices which have a network connection and not a usb connection.

1 Like

Thanks

I suspect I have missed the entire point of this App.

I had read the app description but donā€™t think I understood why it was trying to say.

To be clear this App does not provide RFXCOM functionality to the Homey 433MHz.

What it does is enable Homey users to connect to a RFXCom adapter connected to a Raspberry PI.

The goal of which was to provide a more reliable, wider range, 433MHz connectivity to the full range of RFXCom controllable devices ?

I am currently using the Weather sensor app and it sees the Oregon Temp Sensors but keeps ā€˜losingā€™ the, for many hours a day.

I have been getting updates from these same sensors for the last 2 years and they havenā€™t been extremely reliable, but I am using an RFXCom usb stick connected to a Mac on a long usb cable which is stuck half way up a wall.

Looks like I either find a way to get the RFXCom 2 app working, along with buying a PI 3 etc etc or replace the 8 Oregons with zwave or hue temp sensors.

1 Like

you u are correct. idont have a mac , but i know for a windows computer you can download a serialtonet converter and connect to homey. but i have no knowledge of what is possible on a mac but such a thing is maybe availble.

1 Like

Thanks, not there yet but will probably take the Pi / RFXCOM path when I do.

Thanks for the helpful response it helped clarify a few of my misconceptions.

Mike

:+1:

@nattelip - Can you point me to an idiots guide to getting Homey working with a RFXtrx433E USB HA (I already have)

If that means getting a PI so be it - I would rather not have to run it on a PC.

I would appreciate because the range of the Homey is killing all my sensors ā€¦

Thanks

Mike

1 Like

Hi,
a clear app description would be great, does it need a rapsberry, how to connect or use it?

yes if you have a rfxcom rfxtrx433 you need a pi. see

the pi needs node running on it
the node package serialport should be installed on the pi

and download the file serial2net.js from github put on the pi
run node serial2net.js on the pi
make it a service so it starts up with starting up pi

pair a device from the rfxcom2 app: a rfxcom device type rfxtrx in homey put in the ip of the pi and the port 10001

voila

Hi, Iā€™ve added my RfxLan + Visonic transceiver, but am unable to add any devices. I have several Visonic security sensors, and also a lot of Oregon sensors. Neither shows up in respectively ā€œOregonā€ or ā€œSlaveā€ device types.

I have been using the RfxLan successfully with my HomeSeer setup ā€˜till now.
Do you have any trouble-shooting hints here?

my visonic sensors and oregon sensors show up , do you have the right ip and port number for for your rfx lan. and the correct type of lan rxtx rx or tx isnt it a rfxtrx ? what visonic transceiver do you use. i receive the visonic devices with
my rfxlan

I am using a RfxLan with an internal Visonic module. I use the exact same settings that I use in HomeSeer with regards to IP/ports. Is RxLan the correct choice? And, is there anywhere I can see that the app successfully connects to my RfxLan? Neither Oregon nor Visonic devices show up when trying to add.

i dont understand it doesnt work , you only have receiving modules or can you als send eg x10 signals ?
can you send a picture of the lan ? yes you could test it with using the cli installation of the app then you get a log , if you fill in the tx port you can send signals , so the device type should be rxtxlan

rx is receive signals, tx is transmit signals (x10 eg)

maybe you could send a diagnostic report when you want to add a periferal device like a visonicdevice after installing a rfxcom device . you go to the app in homey presses on the wheel left corner then send diagnostic report to developer ? orand after restarting the app

Iā€™d like to get the app RFXCOM on my new Homey Pro 2023.

The actual app is not compatible.

Do you consider to do it ?

Regards

Looks like @nattelip has been working on a new version here: GitHub - nattlip/com.jilles.rfxcom.3