[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Thx for quick reply, Robin. I started last september.
Looking at the reset day, it looks like it’s due to the bug. Case closed!

1 Like

@Gruijter i’m new with your app… is it possible that you share your dishwasher flow/screenshot? :slight_smile:

Here is the screenshot. Its a pretty big one, so hope it is readable enough for you…

2 Likes

New version 5.0.3 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

DAP and summarizer:

• set device unavailable during capability migration
  • disable new device settings during migration

Summarizer:

• rearranged device order during pair
  • removed Homey itself from pairing list
  • disabled multiple selections during pair
  • apply budget distribution setting for main meter devices during summarizer pair
  • fixed hourly polling for Qubino 3-phase meter
  • added hourly poll delay
  • use previous tariff on first sample in a new hour

With this update version 5 is getting ready to be published as stable. When I don’t receive any feedback on serious issues, it will be published as stable before 31 December.

@Torch1969 : The hourly poll delay can be used to get rid of the 5 minute dip every hour for slow updating meters like gas. Be aware though that if you have an old gas meter that only updates once an hour you will see all usage reported as ‘last_hour’ and none in this_hour!

@DirkG hourly polling should be fixed now for Qubino

Hello @Gruijter what is the meaning of 97,5% on month budget? My month usage is 166,9 and I can’t figure out what the percentage means.

Same question for water usage. I have linear selected and year budget 155.
On month budget is 1% and on year budget is 0.7%. Actual month usage is 11,5. Actual year usage is 109,
Regards

Haha, I was waiting for someone to ask that question! I made the budget rolling. Meaning that the budget is recalculated every day to include start of the year/month up to the present day of the month/year. That means that when your usage exactly follows the standardized distribution, it will always be 100%, no matter how far you are in the year or month.

Today (26.12.2022) as example:
The total electricity budget for this month is calculated from this sheet: Volumegrenzen Prijsplafond 2023 - Google Sheets

From start of the month (1.12) until today (26.12) the budget is 299,4 kWh (just add up the values of each day). If PBTH has registered that your actual usage this month so far is 291,9 kWh, that means you are 291,9 / 299,4 = 97,5% on target. Which is just a little bit under what the NL government says your budget should be in December for an average household.

For the yearly budget the same approach is used, starting the days from January 1st up to the present day.

3 Likes

perfect, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

That seems off. Maybe a bug…
Did you have 0101 set as start day of the year in the water device settings, or did you change that to another date?

@Gruijter I’m using the card ‘The avg price [next hours] is lowest within [period]’ as ‘The avg price next 6 hours is lowest within this day’. I have some issues:

• It has triggered at 22:00 in the evening twice now. Since I set it to 6 hours, the latest it should possibly trigger would be 18:00, right? Or am I missing something here?
  • Today it triggered at midnight, while when I look at the energy pricing (The Netherlands) for today, the time-period 00:00-06:00 was not the lowest average 6 hours for this day. Looking at the data it should have triggered around 02:00 or 03:00.
  • It can trigger multiple times within a day. Given that I’ve put it on ‘lowest price within this day’, it should only trigger once per day?

Are these bugs or am I interpreting this card wrongly?

No i left it at 0101

ok, will have to investigate that then. Thx for reporting!

Are you using v5.0.3 already? If not, please install that because it resolves a lot of old issues. If you still see weird behavior in v5 please report it as a bug.

I’d like to also see the option to select multiple devices directly into one summarizer device without the need for the < group > virtual device.

I was on the latest stable version. Upgraded to the v5.0.3 and will keep an eye on it. Thanks!

1 Like

Please post that in the special topic for feature requests: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

1 Like

Thx @Gruijter, I will keep an eye on this today and report back.

1 Like

This looks exactly the same as I do for my solar panels with homey script. (Using an array with 12 production predictions for each month). It would be a very nice feature if we could add our own budget/target distribution setting. This can be used for different purposes, for instance to see if your solar power generation is on target.

1 Like

been thinking about that as well. I’m struggling with how a user would be able to easily ‘upload’ a distribution, even more since I use an array of 365 days, and not 12 months. But anyhow, please create a feature request in the special topic here: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

Hi all,

Does someone know the values for zonneplan?

Values in the screenshot are not giving the correct results compared with the ‘zonneplan’ app

Thanks!

I have Zonneplan myself. Untill 31.12@23:59 these are the values for Zonneplan:

Electricity: NL_Netherlands
Variable: 9%
Fixed: 0,076059437

Gas: TTF EGSI
Variable: 9%
Fixed: 0,53522587

Starting in the new year the 9% changes to 21%, and also the fixed markups will increase (I’m still looking myself what they will be)

1 Like