[App][Pro] OpenWeather

FAQ:

Devices

• I get the message this device will soon stop working. Do i have to do something?
    No, you don’t need to do something. Your devices will work as long as OWM is supporting the used API.
    In pairing dialog, only the new devices are available using the OneCallAIP. That’s the current API for free use. So just contiune with your devices and try the new ones (with additional data and real hourly forecast) in addition. If you like the new ones, you can adjust your flows and delete the old devices.

• Can I add a single forecast device?
    You need a “Current weather” device. This device contains the location setting, API key and reds the weather data. The forecast devie only displays the forecast for a set timeslice.

• I registeres a new API key (since 08/2022) and I get a device unavailable error “invalid API key”?
    OWM has deprecated the OneCallAPI 2.5. So new user with a new API key will need a subscription for OneCallAPI 3.0. You have to set a payment option at OWM but you still have 1000 calls a day free. You can set a limit to 1000 calls in the OWM profile.
    While adding the current weather/location device, choose the API version 3.0. You can change this API version for existing devices in device settings if you are upgrading to the 3.0 subscription.

Weather data

• To which times refer the daily forecast temperatures for morning, day, evening and night?
    Morning: 6:00
    Day: 12:00
    Evening: 18:00
    Night: 00:00