[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

This is a bug in the Homey mobile app. Please report it with Athom.

Thank you, I’ll try to address this bug to Athom.
Br.

1 Like

Hi, I have a Hyundai Palisade. When I try to add it I got a message: no vehicles in this account
 It work with home assistant but not in Homey
 someone know why? Thanks

Hello!
You are using a text variable for the slow and fast charge target.
For an example on my Ev6, the charge target is stored as “80” but in text-variable. It should be handled as a numercal value to be of use.

Can you please fix :slightly_smiling_face:

homey Kia app variables

Hello,

there is a warning that a short refresh period will drain the 12V battery. Can somebody quantify this? What is still considered save? Especially while charging the car.

I am asking as I have dynamic prices for power consumption and based on the EV battery level I would like to stop charging if the price is too high. I have found that purely relying on the car to send updates while charging is not reliable. That is why I want to force an update every 15 min while charging.

Looking for the exchange of experiences on this in the community.

You only need to check this during plug-in to charger, not during charge. Combine with easy charge app.

It will then calculate most economical charge period dependeing on your SoC and power delivery in charger.

Hi again,

I got the followning feedback from Athom to my request for support:

«Unfortunately, this issue concerns an App that is not developed by us, but by one of our valued community developers. Great to hear you have already contacted the developer of this App, If he needs help from Athom for a fix he can report the issue in the appropriate channels for Developers.»

Br.
HĂ„kon

That is an ENUM, so it will be presented as string (text). But most flow dont have an issue using a string as number. Or you could try something like {{ Number(target) }}

new version 3.1.3 is available as test: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.hyundai_kia/test/

• Make re-login after retry optional

I did this because my car unit kept hanging (needs a hard reset) after I added the auto re-login.

@KeesHuizer: for your use case you need to enable re-login in the settings.

1 Like

I managed to use honey script and convert it to a number. In flows I could not use it as a tag for easy charging app to set target charge.

1 Like

For some reason my 2024 Kona EV is registered as a HEV/ICE engine under advanced settings, so I don’t get the EV options. Is this a Hyundai issue or do you need to change something in the app to support the new Kona SX2?

Pls send a diagnostics report 20 minutes after app restart

Thank you! Sent it now d3e1e112-f3c0-497e-8be6-a58377d0ef3e

@Gruijter same with my 2024 EV9.

f923f498-b660-4449-a22e-f31ef37642a3

@slaskeland @Bertil_Munkeby Your cars do not supply the EV status for some reason. I suspect the API has changed. I cannot do anything about that, since I depend on an external API wrapper. The new version of that wrapper is incompatible with HP2016/2019, so I cannot implement that.

I did create a new Homey version for you. It adds an option to force EV functionality. I cannot test it myself, so it will probably crash the app when you enable it. But please do try and let me know: Kia and Hyundai | Homey

Thank you. Tested the new option that seems to show more of the EV options, but at first look it seems like pulling the SoC of the EV batteri is failing. Sent a log 28f3e720-1ffd-4b39-8d61-849d8e95c424

Great app! Thank you for making it.
I am wondering if anyone knows how to send location from the googlemaps app to the car.

Let’s say I am looking up where to go on the Googlemaps app and I want to use the share location function to send that to Homey and to the car. How could I achive this? Thanks!

Hi There,

Great app, but i have a little question. Is it possible to charge with a delay. For Example at night at 11.00 pm?

With regards.

Mark

Sure. That is what flows are for!
And if you use dynamic pricing (EPEX day ahead market), you can minimize costs using Power By the Hour.

Or do you mean delay charging after plugging in your car? Also that can be done with a flow.

So in short: yes, create a flow!

Trying the experimental version to force EV for 2024 Kona.

Charge level is set to 80%, but not possible to update. Times out.

63fba924-f6f5-4579-879c-1c2f6f0cb5f1

@Gruijter