[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

Works great! Thank you for the fast update!

1 Like

Checking in with Kia Niro PHEV model year 2023 :star_struck:

Adding device for car and connecting without problem.

Now diving into possibilities and working of this app in combination with our type of car (PHEV) and what we can automate with it. First will be the charging of the 11 kWh battery based on dynamic prices and solar power.

1 Like

This is my first post. So I hope that I’m using the correct forum but not a newby on HA.

I’m waiting for my new Homey pro 2023. One of the idea’s is to use the Kia/Hyundai app to trigger a lamp when I arrive at home with my Tucson PHEV. So not based on Geofencing as that would trigger this lamp every time I arrive at home walking or by bike. This extra light is used to drive my car backwards to the garage in the dark as this lane is not a straight line.

So the trigger is car arriving in or nearby the street and activate a lamp. It could also pushing the programmable key at the steering wheel. Any suggestions??

I have been experimenting with this app and its triggers for some weeks now to make a flow to charge my Niro PHEV. Unfortunately there isn’t an accurate trigger from this app that triggers when (or just before) the car is at home (within 0.1 km). I assume that has to do with the polling of the app on the Kia servers. The Car doesn’t push a signal that it is at home (even not with Kia’s own app).

If you mean the “star” button I don’t think you can use that to trigger a flow on your homey. That button can only be used as shortcut to one of the screens of your entertainment system. That button push isn’t send to Kia server and not usable in the homey app.

Unfortunately not for your usecase as far as I know.

What he says :smirk:

This night and morning i couldn’t get my Kia to charge through my charging flow. At the time the charging should start (and i send the “charging on command” via the flow, the charging doesn’t start), even after some repeated attempts (every 15 minutes). This morning i tried to start charging with the homey app button, but that also didn’t work. In logging i see the next pattern repeating:

Every time the error was a “duplicate request” error.

I cannot repeat this at this time.
This morning also the Kia Connect app wasn’t able to start the charging. I had to remove and fetch the cable again to be able to start charging. Was something wrong this night/morning on Kia Server side?

Anyone any clue what could be wrong? I’m losing credits here at home with my “smart charging”-flow :sweat_smile:

Has Kia changed something in the API again ? Since several days the app does not update the current vehicle data. I tried it on early 19 and early 23. A manual query for the current data no longer seems to work either.

All good on my end. Refresh of my niro still works good.

Everything working alrighty here also (Kia Niro 2023).

1 Like

The UVO in the vehicle was the cause. After resetting the system, it works again. :+1:

2 Likes

UVO is completely down. It is also not accessible via the Kia Android App. Can anyone confirm this?
I have reset the system in the vehicle. Unfortunately no improvement.

Yes, I think they have a problem with the EU servers and/or are messing again with the API security.

1 Like

I have just installed the Kia Connect Android App. With this app, a connection to the vehicle is possible.
The UVO app and the Homey app still have no connection to the vehicle.

Kia connect works. It say in my app log Invalid request body. Block the UVO app id. What ever that means.

I have just installed the Kia and Hyundai device in Home Assistant. Here, too, it is no longer possible to connect. Despite entering the correct user, password and PIN, the setup stops immediately.
So we can assume that Kia has tampered with its api again so that all third-party providers are excluded. :face_vomiting:

Did a little reading on forums. Turns out Kia have scraped the old UVO app and completly replaced it with Kia Connect. Looks like the API changed as a result. Im guesig here a litle based on the error. Well is a question at the same time. The error im getting looks like the app is using the app id the old UVO app used am i right? Considering the server is responding the way it does could it be activly blocked sins they scraped the old UVO app?

Github thread HA:

1 Like

A possible fix is in the works. The problem is related to Kia/Hyunday switching to their new iOS/Android app.

3 Likes

The community is working hard on a fix and progress is being made. I have good hopes I will be able to publish a working version within a few days (but no guarantees :grimacing:)

2 Likes

Many thanks to all the community developers that have again successfully reverse engineered the changes Kia/Hyundai EU made to their API! A new version of Bluelinky was published at 1am this morning, and I got up early to implement it in Homey :slight_smile:

New version 2.9.8 available as test: Kia and Hyundai | Homey

I was only able to test it with my own Kia, but I am confident it also works for Hyundai.

4 Likes