I have written an app to retrieve data from a PWS on Weather Underground.
I will see if Athom will publish it, so if you have any interest in this then let me know so I can see if it worth pursuing for anything but my own use.
You might see a button to generate the key if you haven’t already done so.
Click on Show Key to see the value and then copy that to the app when adding a new device. The key is long so copy and paste is the best option if possible.
You will also need your Station ID which is also available on the WU website:
The ID is not secret and can be found on the web site for any station. In fact you can access any stations data with your API key. However WU put a limit on the number of access that can be made per day with your key (maximum of 10 per minute and a total of 1500 per day).
The app provides two device types that can be add, “Weather Station” and “Weather Forecast”.
The “Weather Station” device provides data from the weather station indicated by the ID and updates once every minute.
The “Weather Forecast” device provides five days of weather predictions for area around the station location.
So to add either of these, select the + symbol in the Devices tab of the Homey app, tap on the WU app and then selected an option (station or forecast). You will then see a screen to enter the Station ID and the API key. Then tap on Add Station. Provided the Station ID and API key a valid the device will then be added.
For the Forecast, you can select the period that you want to view on the first screen and the second screen will then refresh with those values.
Version 2 is available. The main feature is a rewrite of the Forecast flow triggers so they can select which day you want to watch. To make use of the new feature you will have to removes the old forecast device and add it back again.
- Added ‘Data Resumed’ flow trigger
- Added an app option to specify the number of weather stations on your account so the update rate can be optimised.
- Added a global option in the Confure App page to select the wind speed units between Km/H and m/s.
- Fixed an issue with using forecast flow condition cards.
- Fix problem with speed units changing to m/s after update and put default back to Km/H unless already set manually.
- If the station ID is not found then you now have the option to add it anyway. Adding / removing a station automatically increments / decrements the station count to adjust the polling interval.
- Made cloud ready (probably won’t be accepted though).
- Fixed units selection for wind.
- Added missing German translation thanks to Dirk Göbel.
- Added more missing German translation thanks to Dirk Göbel.
- Fixed Temperature reading on Forecast not updating.
Version 3.0.8 Weather Underground | Homey
- Added buttons to the connection page to open the WU website on the Station ID and API Key pages.