[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

don’t think it useful to press all buttons at ones?

Oops. Misunderstood your usecase completely.

But then, how do you use the buttons inside a virtual device, or what are the use of them?

With a virtual button, you can start a flow, and in this flow you can do every funtion you want to do.

Okay. So, i created one VD with two buttons in it; volume up and volume down. If i then create a flow I choose the virtual device in the when card, but the only state i have to choose from is When “a virtual device has changed”. What do I need to do to make it point to the volume up? Maybe I can use some logic here, but I don’t know what.

Or Do you mean that I only can use a single button device? What are the “multi button devices” for then? :thinking:

1 Like

Did you read this? Getting Started - Logic variables
it’s a very useful tutorial, if you have questions after reading this, feel free to ask more questions.

Or this one for volume up

Sux Sonos doesn’t have a volume up action card… trying to figure out how to do this

http://sonosapiIP:5005/roomname/volume/-1 and +1

works like a charm… bit OT … :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

is it possible to add something linke this:

• virtual zones with status or virtual motion sensor?

I which to display some status on my homeydash, for example when zone X is active it should display RED as a motion sensor would do.

Is this possible to add?

You can use group app to group sensors from from desired zones. Or you can create virtual switch that will be controlled by zone state over the flow.
I have grouped door sensors and motion sensors of my house and have them in Homeydash to represent if there is something happening in house.

Anyone knows how i can get vd to show minus degrees?

I use a aqara temp sensor and a virtual thermostat to show me the temperature outside, but it looks like it don’t show below 3 og 4 degrees?

Use Homeydash, perfect solution for overview of values and controlling of devices.

Thanks but om already using homedash. Great future, but also need to see it on my mobile

Unfortunately that treshold is limited by the device capability of thermostats:

I‘m looking for a solution too, but couldn’t find anything. Unfortunately Athom limits this value.

1 Like

Answer is here.

Tks.
But my aim was to call the image overlay, which shows a specific temperature value in the right corner of the device tile.
Unfortunately only target_temperature calls this overlay.

Ah, ok.

It seems that it‘s possible to overload the target_temperature capability.

The dev raised the max Temp to 50 degrees

Is the temperature display triggered by the device class or is it triggered by the device capability?

it is triggered by both, needs to be target_temperature capability and thermostat class or it will not show up.