[APP][Pro] Steinel Smart Home App (v1.1.0 | TEST v1.2.0)

Hello @Philipp_Karl; For the moment i don’t have a issue anymore. Have update some parameters in the Steinel and now it is working fine. Thx for asking

hello @Jurgen_De_Boever,

could you share your parameter?

thanks

hello @Jurgen_De_Boever,

could you please make a screenshot from your settings?

thanks

Hello @Philipp_Karl,

Herewith i send you 3 photos from the advanced settings of the parameters

IF you don’t see it let me know

REgards

Jurgen

hello @Jurgen_De_Boever,

thanks a lot, i see you are using the normal mode? do you control the on/off switching not via flows? also the brightness sensor is not used but an external one?

According to me the parameters 12 and 16 were the deciding factors, since i changed them a week ago it seems that the movement doesn’t freeze anymore.

Greetings

philipp

Hello @Philipp_Karl

Yes i’m using a Flow in combination with the IS 140-2

The Flow is simple setup

When IS 140-2 Turned-on

And It isn’t between Sunrise ends 0 Sunset Start 0

Then Turn on Relais

And this is working very fast for a motion device.

Correct that i’m not using the brightness sensor, because instead i’m using day/night of the general functions. Is normally not a problem

Regards

Jurgen

I have the Steinel IS 140-2. I have the problem that Homey reports the lux-value properly for a few weeks, but then the sensor-value ‘freezes’ at 2000lx. Ex- and including the Steinel back in the network fixes it for a few weeks.

Does this sound familiar? Could it be an app/Homey problem or a sensor/Steinel problem?

Hello,
i have the steinel RS LED D2 Z-Wave, i have the same problem but with the motion detector, it freezes again and again, at least once a week, then i have to disconnect the light from the power supply and then it works again. very annoying. the developer of the app does not take a stand here in the forum.

others do not seem to have such problems either?

greetings philipp

Hi,

I’m looking at zwave floodlights which seem rather limited. The steinel xhome 2 Z-Wave seems nice.
what are your experiences?
can the infrared detector be deactivated via zwave?

Yeah, got exact the same problem ever since installing it (about two years ago). Just restarted it again. No clue if it is device/app/Homey related. Also the timing between freezing is rather random, so no clue what sets it off. I do also have a Steinel Z-wave floodlight that does not seems to freeze, only a few times since installing (where the independent floodlight keeps working so it is just the z-wave that freezes).

Hello,

i also from the beginnin, i had a lot of contact with Steinel, but they had a solution.

i don#t know if the homey app ist the problem?

Maybe @TedTolboom could give us a feedback?

best regards

philipp

I know, that doesn’t help you guys.
But in combination with Home Assistant no issues with the XLED at all.
I assume that is not a hardware problem and could be fixed with the App update.

1 Like

hello @TedTolboom,

i really appreciate your work and i know that you are very busy at the moment with the implementation of the new zigbee sdk3 for aquara products.

maybe you will find the time to have a look over the steinel app, even some of us have the problem with the freezing of the motion sensors. homeassistant should do the job, so it shouldn’t be a hardware failure but a possible customization of the app? see the post by @Osorkon.

if necessary I think some are willing to donate to make it work.

thanks

philipp

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

@Philipp_Karl @Osorkon @Julian apologies for the delayed response…
Indeed trying to focus on the Aqara app at this moment to deliver this update as soon as possible.

From what I’ve read, including the comments that some have the issue and some not, I would question if this is a Z-wave network issue…
Basically the driver implementation is simple; sensor sends a notification that motion alarm is triggered or reset and this notification is parsed into the Homey capabilities.

If a notification (to reset the alarm) is not received, the motion alarm state will remain on; which is often experienced as freezing.

Would it be possible to do an experiment with the troublesome devices; move Homey to close proximity of the sensor, allow it to settle for an hour after plugging in and then test the motion alarm responses?

Note: I only have one Steinel device myself, currently not being used.
So I can’t (re-)test all use cases with the current Homey software version myself.

@TedTolboom Thanks for the reply, please give all your time to the Aqara app :slight_smile: Only zigbee app I use so the only thing stopping me from updating to 5.0.

Will check if the freeze is a constant ‘alarm is still on’ signal, if I remember correctly this is the case. Bit hard to move them closer to test since the Steinel device is outside my house in the beginning of the driveway so putting Homey beside it would probably kill Homey. Also, it usually works ok for a longer period, I start noticing the freeze usually only after a couple of days or weeks. It do routes via another Z-Wave device that is in between. But that should work considering that should be the strenght of a Z-Wave mesh.

Thanks for the feedback.
The trouble is that most applications for these Steinel devices are for outdoor usage. Most modern houses are well insulated which is affecting wireless communication.

If the device is delaying through another node. Can you check the Z-wave developer tools section if at the same time you experience the issues this relaying node (or another one) has a substantial higher Tx or Rx (amount of communication)?
This might point to a clogging of the network; slowing down the communication and or dropping commands.

Hello @TedTolboom ,

i will test it on the next freezer, but it happens differently with 4 indoor-lamps, some are further away from homey, but others are only 2-3 m.

greetings

philipp

Hi @TedTolboom,

A few months ago I’ve posted a bug regarding the Steinel L 810 LED iHF Z-Wave outdoor light, please see (Steinel Smart Home App (v1.0.3)). This problem still exists and the on/off button does not work.

Today I’ve tried to add another outdoor light (Steinel XLED Z-wave) but the app keeps recognizing the light as a motion sensor (the IS 140-2 Z-wave). However, these are two different products and options within the app.

I’m really looking forward to your reply and if I can help you with something to find the problem, please let me know!

hello @TedTolboom,

i have now tested to put homey very close to the 3 steinel lamps. in the beginning it seemed to work, but after a few days i still had the “freezer” of the motion detector. i am rather helpless what the final solution could be.

greetings philipp

I’m currently suspecting the sensor. Disconnect it from power for a few minutes seems to be the solution. After that the lux-measurements are back in Homey.
So I figure, that since I don’t change anything on the controller side, it should be the sensor. The other measurements like movement don’t have this issue. It’s a strange bug/glitch.

The next time the lux-sensor stops reporting I will return the motion sensor for a new one and see if the problem persists.