[APP][Pro] Steinel Smart Home App (v1.1.0 | TEST v1.2.0)

I have the XLED home 2 floodlight. I want to switch the motion detection (and thus the whole unit) on/off with a flow. So at a certain time in the evening the whole unit should start to work (switching the light on only when motion is detected) and stop working at a certain time in the morning.
I posted an image of the app, which shows double functions, which are unclear…

Can anyone help?

First of all, thank you for creating this app!

Yesterday I have installed a IS 140-2 Z-Wave. It is included in my network and I am receiving values from the light sensor. I can also see when the device is switched on/off, but I am not getting any information from the motion sensor. In the Homey app it shows the lux values, but it does not give me any value on the motion detection.

I have already tried to add Homey to the Group 3 association group, but then I get an error saying MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_REMOVE is not a function.

Does anyone know how to make the motion sensor work?

Btw, I am also seeing the duplicate actions and events in the Homey app, same as @Homey888

I have not tried it, but what you can probably do is this:

• Disable local control by setting the device to slave mode. The device should then not switch the light by itself. (see documentation here: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/688)
  • Manage switching the light using Homey presence detection (switch on if there is activity, switch off after x minutes)
  • Create a flow to disable the presence detection flows triggered on time
  • Create a flow to enable the presence detection flows triggered on time

Alternatively you can also create flows that directly switch the light without motion detection and then include the time in an if-condition.

Hello,

I have 4 RS LED D2 Z-Wave, I have set the slave mode. But very often it happens to me that the motion detector freezes, i.e. it still reports motion although there is no motion at all? Then I have to disconnect the lamp from the power supply and it works again.

Does anyone have similar problems?

Greetings

Hello,

there are some new products like L 600 CAM, is there any plan to include and update the app?

2 Likes

Hi

Would be nice to also have the STEINEL MotionSwitch LED Z-Wave supported by the app.

Thanks

1 Like

That would be really nice!

Hello Karl, I see this issue also on my Steinel IS 140-2. In the homey control i see that a Motion alarm is there and it is never cleared anymore. Even after switching off it give the motion alarm. Do you have find a solution for this ?

unfortunately i haven’t found a solution yet, i’m surprised that not several and especially the developer of this app (@ TedTolboom) for homey doesn’t write anything about this issue.

i am in contact with steinel, they didn’t know a solution.

do others have the same problem?

greetings philipp

Hello,
Have a problem with the time he makes a motion report.
At the settings, I have 30 seconds in the Motion detection ON time.
But after 10 seconds he goes out again.
You can also make it 180 seconds, it doesn’t matter.
Upon detection, the message goes out after 10 seconds.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem …

Henk

could you please write in english?

Sorry,
I have made it in English

Henk

I have issues with my Steinel XLED. From beginning everything was working fine. But since 1 week the device stopp reporting Lux and motion. and also the status On/Off is not reported to homey anymore.

I had to add homey to the Assoziation Group 3 and 4 to are able to recieve Lux and motion again. But still have the problem with the ON/Off status even when I add homey to the Assoziation Group 2.

I can still switch the LED within homey app On and Off. But when the LED is switched on through the motion homey shows still LED is OFF.
I’m wondering why it was working in the beginning without any issues?!

@TedTolboom here you can see the Z-Wave log

2020-02-24T19:03:32.591Z Node[187]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05030a0002
2020-02-24T19:03:32.592Z Node[187]: [COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL] {"Sensor Type (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[3]},"Sensor Type":"Luminance (version 1)","Level (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[10]},"Level":{"Size":2,"Scale":1,"Precision":0},"Sensor Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,2]},"Sensor Value (Parsed)":2}
2020-02-24T19:03:51.320Z Node[187]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION, data: 0x05000000ff070800
2020-02-24T19:03:51.322Z Node[187]: [COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION] {"V1 Alarm Type (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"V1 Alarm Type":0,"V1 Alarm Level (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"V1 Alarm Level":0,"Reserved (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Notification Status (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[255]},"Notification Status":"On","Notification Type (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[7]},"Notification Type":"Home Security","Event (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[8]},"Event":8,"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Properties1":{"Event Parameters Length":0,"Sequence":false},"Event (Parsed)":"Motion Detection, Unknown Location"}
2020-02-24T19:03:51.497Z Node[187]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data: 0x01ff
2020-02-24T19:03:51.497Z Node[187]: [COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC] {"Value (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[255]},"Value":255}
2020-02-24T19:04:03.099Z Node[187]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION, data: 0x05000000ff07000108
2020-02-24T19:04:03.104Z Node[187]: [COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION] {"V1 Alarm Type (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"V1 Alarm Type":0,"V1 Alarm Level (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"V1 Alarm Level":0,"Reserved (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Notification Status (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[255]},"Notification Status":"On","Notification Type (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[7]},"Notification Type":"Home Security","Event (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Event":0,"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[1]},"Properties1":{"Event Parameters Length":1,"Sequence":false},"Event Parameter":{"type":"Buffer","data":[8]},"Event (Parsed)":"Event inactive"}
2020-02-24T19:06:58.086Z Node[187]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data: 0x0100
2020-02-24T19:06:58.086Z Node[187]: [COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC] {"Value (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Value":0}

line 6 ON command
line 10 OFF command

Homey receive the ON/OFF commands but the App doesn’t recognize this?

Hallo,

hast du schon mal alles vom Strom genommen?

Ich muss immer wieder mal alles vom Strom nehmen da der Bewegungsmelder einfriert.

Grüße

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

1 Like

sorry:

Hello,

have you ever taken anything off the grid?

I have to take everything off the grid every now and then because the motion detector freezes.

Greetings

@TedTolboom Any ideas? Could the Problem be related to Homey v4.0?

Hi Ted,

I’m experiencing some problems with the L810 LED iHF Z-Wave. After I’ve included the device within my network the lamp seems to work partially. The toggle ON/OFF switch does not work to turn the light on or off. However, the dimming function does work. The only thing of the dimmer is that the dimmer slider/value ‘jumps’ to a different position in the app after setting it. Don’t know what the correct setting is then.

Please let me know what your thoughts are and if I can help you with something!

Kind regards,
Cas

Edit:
What I found is that the on/off button within the app (and within device) does not work. But when I go to dev.athom.com --> tools --> z-wave, click on the three dots on the right side of the node and send ‘Basic On’ command the light does turn on. So it seems to me that the button within the app does not work?

Also, an on or off command through flows does not turn the light on.

Hello @TedTolboom,

i own 4 RS LED D2 Z-Wave. Every few days either the motion detector freezes at one of the lamps, i.e. from that point on the motion remains active. It happens more and more often now during LUX measurement.

Have you had this problem before and is there anything you can change in your app?

Greetings

Philipp

Hello @Jurgen_De_Boever, did you solve your problem?

Best regards

Philipp