[APP][Pro] Sky Q (Release 2.0.0, Test 2.0.1)

I have published a simple app for basic On/Off and channel up / down control of a Sky Q box.

The app uses uPnP discovery when adding new devices to Homey and can poll the box for the current power state.

There are the usual flow cards:
When:

• Power on,
  • Power off

And:

• Power is on / off

Action:

• One channel down,
  • One channel up,
  • Turn on
    *Turn off
  • Toggle on or off

Changelog

• 0.0.2 First release in Homey Community Store

• 1.0.0 First release in Athom store. So just fixes to description and notes to pass Athom’s requirements.

• 1.0.1 Hopefully a fix to the crash reported when adding devices. This was caused by a network device, that refuses the discovery connection, triggering an error function that was not implemented.

• 2.0.0 Updated to SDK 3

• 2.0.1 Added Action Flow card to send up to 10 remote commands in a row.

Let me know if there is anything else that you need and I will soo what I can do.

Since making the app I have found one more useful feature. The Sky Q remote can also switch off the TV but you have to hold the power down button for about 3 seconds. So the sequence to turns everything off is: Press power button to switch off Sky, the press and hold power button for 3 seconds to switch off the TV.
One problem with that is when your finger slips, as it turns Sky back on, so you have to start the procedure again.

With the app I have now setup a flow that triggers when Sky is switched off and the action turns off the TV. So now we only need to press the power button on the remote control once and it turns everything off.
Even my wife loves this feature :trophy: :medal_sports:

1 Like

I have had a couple of crash reports caused by uPnP devices that refuse the connection during discovery.
I have published an updated version, available in https://store.homey.community/app/com.skyq that will hopefully fix that problem.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for making this. Is there any chance you would be able to add the option to change the input to a specified channel, either by name or by number?
I would love to be able to run routines that turn SkySports on for me, and I can’t get the IR blaster to work

I have had a quick look back at the app and I might be able to add a Flow action that can send a sequence of button presses (the app is basically a remote control). I will have a play around to see what I can do.

1 Like

I have published a new test version that has a Flow action card that sends up to 10 remote commands in a row.
If you set that up to something like Backup, Backup, 1, 0, 4 then it will select channel 104 from (I think) any screen. The two Backup commands should exit any menus so the numbers select a channel.

Note: C2 to C10 are optional so they can be left empty if you don’t require 10 commands.

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks Adrian, I’ve made a small donation to buy you a pint as a thank you :blush: :beers:

1 Like