Simple LOG app - Former main topic [Deprecated]

It’s a code that needs to be provided in the http header. You can only get such a token after authentication on one of the Homey services.

Hi! I am using the app for quite a while now, to monitor my ‘Waakverlichting’ at night when I am not home to appear like I am at home. Only when exporting the date and time is in one cell with a T inbetween and a Z on the end. I would really like it if the export made separate time and date cells, like in my example.
Is that possible? :slight_smile:

Its ISO 8601 time format: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
And I like it :slight_smile:

You can do a search and replace formula in a spreadsheet (Excel, LibreCalc,…), to make it your own time/date format.

Sorry for the late response. It’s indeed a standard. I haven’t specifically chosen it but comes native with nodejs. You could check if the sheet parser can add support for this time format so you can do interesting stuff with it.

Hi Niels,

I’m struggling to use your app within Homeyscript.
I don’t know if I can use a direct function or I need to call the API.

Long story short, how can I add a new logline to the log within Homeyscript including a log group.

Thanks in advance.

fixed it

let HomeyScript = await Homey.apps.getApp({ id: 'nl.nielsdeklerk.log' } );

HomeyScript.apiPut('addlog' , { log:'log_content', group: 'group_name'} );
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Trying to download a csv from your logging through the Homey app makes the Homey app crash on Android. Latest stable release of Homey and Homey app running

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning. Once I’ve removed the feature because of it. (The app doesn’t handle the download) many users Requested to return the feature. It can be used through developers.athom.com app settings.

Ok, good to know! It is a useful feature when looking through a long list of power logs to find out when the washing machine is ready :yum:

Hi, I exported the log and I see the time is off by 1 hour. If I look on my mobile to the log time is correct only in the exported file the time is off by 1 hour. Tried the export on 2 computers but in both cases time is off by 1 hour. Is this a bug?

it is a feature:
https://greenwichmeantime.com/info/history/zulu

hence the Z :wink:

A ok, that makes sence :nerd_face: thanks for the explanation.

I use simplelog to log all my flows, switches and so on. My default setting is: log to timeline and log.
In the log everything is logged. But in the timeline a lot of entries are missing especially when a few things happen at the same time.
Any trick to bring everything to timeline as well?

I’ve had this with other flows/apps triggering at the same time.

It’s not really specific to Simple Log but more to how homey “works”. You are using the standard homey? I have not seen this behavior on my upgraded Pro ever since.

On my standard homey I worked around it by adding delays to the “then” statement if it were too many flows triggering at once. Not sure if that is workable?

It’s a homey pro. I will try to work with delays.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that the logging to timeline functions isn’t working reliable. It looks like i’m not having this issue myself, but i will keep an eye out. I’m wondering if you get the same result when using the native “Notifications / Notificaties” homey card in paralel to a “simple log” card.

Is there a way to access the logs through a browser? would love to be able to have the log open on my pc while I’m experimenting with flows and devices

Use the developer tools website and the app settings.
Additional you can do the css trick to make the “app setting” more wide.

1 Like

@Niels Hi, I always use this SimpleLog and I’m very glad about the functions. However, I did try to make a backup to a CSV file, as I did many times before, on my PC via:

Homey Developer Tools

but now I get the message:

CSV log file can't be downloaded within the app.
Go to the Homey developer site at https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings
Open the Simple log settings,
then use the CSV button.
Or copy the log in CSV format below:

And that is just what I’m doing, what goes wrong? Some things changes somewhere?