[APP][Pro] Remotec Technology App (v2.4.3)

Recently, I have more issues with the responsiveness of 2x press on the ZRC-90. I never used it before, now programmed to trigger a virtual button. Also the trigger to Harmony does not function. Is this known issue (Homey 5.0.0 stable)? Or any way to check/solve?

I’m having the same problem with the battery level not showing.

Is it possible to add on/off function when you press the icon (in homey dashboard) to turn the airco on and off again?

Currently you cannot turn the airco ON or OFF using the homey dashboard when you press the icon, you can change the temp (by holding the icon pressed and that is good) but there is no way to actually turn the airco itself on/off…

When you use vtherm app you can press the icon to turn the device on/off and when hold to change temp, i would like that this was also possible with the original remotec app for device ZXT-120 AC Extender.
Can this please be added?

Also when possible add a function/setting to keep the device awake when connected to external power.
I noticed when device is longer time not used (weeks not used and running on external usb power) that the device does not respond anymore, you have to press the button on the device to wake it up first, then it works again, it seems to go to sleep again when not used for longer time and does not wake up. In the APP settings there are no wake up params…

The app has a section to change the state of the airco. One of the states is off. If you need a button for on/off you could use a virtual device which does that from a flow.

If I remember correctly the device itself has a setting for use on external power. I would advice to look at the manual. Mine works even after a long winter.

Your solution is: something does not work OK, make a work around, i get it, that is what i am doing now

I ask if it is possible to just fix/change it so you do not need to make a work around using extra flows or virtual devices. Other aircon apps work the same way as this app only they can be turned on/off by pressing on the icon in the homey dash.

I hope it is a small fix which make the app just a little better.

Hi, do you plan to add the remote ZRC-100?

BR,
William

Hello. Do you have any solution of zrc-100?

1 Like

@TedTolboom will you also update this app to SDK3 ?

2 Likes

Would be nice when my homey pro arrived the Remotec app also is up to date

3 Likes

I’ve just pushed the Remotec app update v2.4.0 to the Test environment of the app store.

This is a code based update; I don’t have the Remotec device connected to my development system.
Anyone able and willing to test this version?

1 Like

Just tested the test version of the app (only have the remotec scene master), immediately the app crashed, you probably already have the crashlog in your mailbox/dev enviroment.

unable to initialize app TypeError: this.getActionCard is not a function
at RemotecZwave.oninit(/app.js: 11:42)

Can send you the full stack-trace if need be.

Thanks, should have been resolved in v2.4.1

1 Like

Today I received two new Remotec Scene Master ZRC-90. After unpackaging I installed the Remotec Technology App version 2.3.1 on an Early 2019 Homey, then register the Scene Masters.

The app acknowledges that it had contact after I pushed the L button, both times during the registration process, but ends with an 'Unknown error occurred." message during setup. I tested this a couple of times with both devices, but always ends with the same result. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Last night I tried to register the ZRC-90 Scene Masters again with the experimental version 2.4.2 of the app, but unfortunately still the same error message.

Here the same problem with the ZRC-90
Looks like the installation goes well, but at the end the message, unknown mistake

Hi
exactly the same problem for me, trying to add a second ZRC90 on my network. The first was added two years ago without any pb and works well. The new one is impossible to connect. My question: is it possible to make coexisting two ZRC 90 on the same network or is it the same pb than you?

I have 3 units in my network without any problem. But i bought them 3 years ago in one purchase. Can it be that newer units have a different ID or something like that?

Many thanks, thus it means that either the new devices are not connecting properly or that the last release of the app is not well written. Did someone found a solution or should I buy another brand of scene controler?

Yes it is… multiple even.

Just tried to reproduce the issue with my scene master on the latest test version; being added without issues. So I would exclude that the app update would cause this issue.

Also because “Unknown error occured” happens when the inclusion is still handled by Homey’s Z-wave core, otherwise a device instance would have been created and not function properly.

Can you try including the scene master with a freshly started Homey?

Interesting. I just restarted the Homey, reinstalled App version 2.3.1 and tried again to add the ZRC-90, but still have the same result. Then deinstalled version 2.3.1, restarted Homey, installed 2.4.2, and did another attempt, but unfortunately still the same result.

The Homey I use is an Homey Pro Early 2019 edition with firmware 8.1.1.
The ZRC-90 is an ZRC-90EU (BW8510EU).

Is there any additional (debug) information I can help you with?