[APP][Pro] NodOn - Z-Wave devices (Stable: v3.0.1, Test: v3.0.3)

Any idea how to solve?

Sorry for the late reply.
so i’ve been trying to research (while doing a rewrite to SDKv3) how it works exactly again (when the battery level is retrieved), and this is occasionally send when you press a button (once every 4/5 presses).

But if it isn’t send by your remote it is hard to say, could you send me a log (homey app → more… → apps → nodon → settings (cog wheel) → send log) after having pressed a few buttons once in a while.
If it doesn’t wake up, or just doesn’t send the battery level, the only option might be to re-include the remote, but before doing that, lets see if what the log will say anything.

Ok not home now try tomorro thanks. Keep you informed!!

Done and sent PM

I’ve seen your message and log, unfortunately I don’t see anything strange in your log, the battery level is correctly asked of the device.

So the only option I can give you is to try and re-include your remote, and see if that fixes it, unfortunately that would also mean you’ll have to fix any flows.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Yess there are som flows but will fix that. Later i will ex en incl the remote and will post my exp. Thanks for looking !!

Its working thanks!!

1 Like

A new test version is live!
Have tested it very thoroughly, but i’m still human, so if you find any bugs just let me know, then i will fix them as fast as possible.
Changelog:

v3.0.0 (test):

• Re-write to SDKv3
  • Additional changes:
    • Changed the “hold” trigger to every second, instead of +/-5 times a second to keep Homey from disabling that flow card immediately
    • Updated all icons to be more clear
    • Added a Reset Meter maintenance action
    • Updated all images to make them more consistent
    • Minor stability improvements

my 2 soft remote’s don’t work anymore, i removed the successfully from homey, but i am not able to add them again… just nothing happens adding…

Replace the batteries (yes even if they still said 100% in Homey and green on the remote itself)

I removed everything, als the app, installed it again, restart homey and now everything is working again!

Thanks!

This app works like a charm. Any chance to update for the new Zigbee products too?

I bought the Nodon Pro multifunction zigbee unit but is not supported by Homey yet

I’ve started to talk with NodOn themselves for any future plans of the app, what it will conclude in, i’m not sure yet, but it can only get better from here on out.

So support for their zigbee devices (and Homey Bridge support) will come, in due time.

@Caseda Do you implement Bridge support in Nodon or Nodon themselves? Could you specify “in due time”? I’m trying bridge for 30 days, but have a lot of non-compliancy (yet) to overcome. For now only half of my Zwave system (Fibaro, Qubino, Forest, Aeotec) is supported, but especially Nodon and Neo Coolcam are not.

NodOn has taken up the app on their own for the zigbee devices and bridge support, I could do it for them, but just lack the time currently for it.

There is no due time, NodOn is/was currently in the process of seeing how Homey’s implementation works, and that’s the end of what I know of how far they are.

1 Like

I make use of a NodOn Soft remote to control a device that sometimes has connectivity issues. With advanced flows I can now set flow cards on the success/failure of an earlier card. I now use this to send an error message to my phone. I would however like it to flash up the NodOn Soft Remote led blue or red. Such a card does not exist (yet). Is this something that is technically feasible?

There is some LED management described in the manual, but it looks like it only reacts to the ‘command received’ notificatie and can’t be controlled directly.

The remote is a regular battery Z-Wave device, which means it won’t receive any signals until it wakes up as it will be asleep to save on battery (in the case of Nod-On, by default, it will never wake up).

The LED management is indeed only because a z-wave devices always waits for a “Acknowledge” signal back (signal that the signal previously send was received) which it can respond on (that’s the benefit of Z-Wave and the reason it is called a 2-way protocol)

Hi. Is it possible to support the NodOn Zigbee 3.0 Rollershutter and Relays?
thank you
Don

You’ll have to ask nodon themselves if they can add it into the zigbee app, this one is about the community Z-wave one.

That would be great. I had it working well on my smartthings, but on Homey it is not working (yet :wink: ). Thanx in advance.