[APP] Netatmo - Same home, just smarter. (by Athom)

The Additional Valves (https://shop.netatmo.com/eur_en/group-3nav-eu.html)
only work with an Thermostat or starter pack with bridge.

See https://netatmostatic.blob.core.windows.net/static/energy_helpchoice/helpchoice_EN.pdf

The Homey App just connects to the Cloud Services API.

Pessence/Welcome, Weather station, and Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor are complete independent products each connecting with their own base station too your Wifi.

1 Like

Thanks @Dijker - I wasn’t sure because sometimes you dont need a bridge despite of the information of the specific vendor (netatmo, philips, IKEA).

And thats - in my case - seems to be a worth change of any app description for homey apps.
Every developer should give a info, if or if not - or in the case of netatmo - if only some devices need a bridge. Currently its very confusing due to the lag of information.

I see that only for the bridges that use a common protocol like Zigbee or z-wave.
For systems like this that consist of a base stations with some devices that communicate using a proprietary signal you will imho always need the complete systeem.
I don’t know of much exceptions outside some RF systems using 433 Mhz and specified that way. But maybe it is complex for many users new to so many technique.

For this app I suggest you contact the developer, Athom at their support site to let them know as it is not wait they will see your suggestion here. Who knows they will add it to the app info.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a plan to split up the app into just giving access to the weather station and not my security cameras (presence)? Currently I have to give Homey access to all of it or none of it?

Could I ask for help.

I would like to make a Flow based on Netatmo weather temperature or Co2 change:

When: The CO2-level changed
And: ( Logic - tag ) CO2 is greater than 1000
Then: Some action

Unfortunately this does not work - the circle flow icon in Flow list seems to be like inactive?

Some Idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

M

So when u hit the test button nothing happens?

Flow icons explanation here.

When I hit the test button - flow ask me for “test” CO2 value - If I ad value according to the condition, then everything is OK and the Action is processsed.

It looks like the When does not work.

Then all seems fine to me. Check my post above urs for icon explanation.
And make sure u take the correct tag in the logic card.

Ooooo - thanks - I am stupid - wrong Tag :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello, is the integration of the netatmo alarm planned?

Hello I would like to know if it is possible to activate and deactivate the led projector of the netatmo Presence camera using in a flow homey as action?

Have the same, did you manage to solve it?

I also have some problems with Netatmo Cameras:
I would like to tell my Welcome, that everybody has left the house, when I push a button.
I can see some Netatmo entries in the WHEN section…

…but no entries in the THEN category:

So I could trigger a flow by a camera event but can not change camera settings by a trigger.
Is that intended to be so?

btw: IFTTT can fire a Set home empty action to Netatmo. Is there a way to realize this with IFTTT?

Any idea when the smoke detector will be added?

I filled in a form so they can add them.

1 Like

For quite some time ago I asked them to add humidity to the Netatmo healthy home coach, and they fixed the issue just about two weeks later, so sometimes you’re lucky!

2 Likes

Do I need Netatmos own gateway for the valves?

Thx!

Yes.

Looks like there is a bug in the netatmo app insights (also reported to athom support).

My netatmo app did not show my outside temp.

But homey insights still reports a (unchanging) temperature.
Pressing the line show timestamps with temperature

Rest is working fine:
Homey does know its out of reach:

IF Flows will not trigger because the temperature is not changing
AND flows will not run, they do give an error on the temp reading

I have also sent several requests for various devices, including the Netatmo Smart Smoke Alarm. I haven’t received any response either.

Is it the general experience that Athom is very arrogant and don’t communicate with the users that keep them alive??? I predict a short life for them if this is the case.