[APP][Pro] Lightwave Smart Series (generation 2) (Release 3.1.6, Test 3.1.8)

I’m not using the API anywhere else but I do have the plug-in to Alexa in use as well, would that be causing it?

I’m currently using version 3.1.2 and do have quite a few devices as all my switches and sockets (except a few like outside, dishwasher etc)

Alexa should not be a problem as I use that too. I have received some logs from the app so are they from you?

It’s strange as at one point I had to delete the API and recreate it for it to fix it but that doesn’t seem to work anymore.

I have sent some logs through, not sure if they will be of any help though. Happy to send screen shots if it would be of any help?

I haven’t got any new logs so not sure why they are not coming through.
I have found a way the delays can be bypassed so I have just published a new test version. I have also made it retry a failed setup every 60 seconds.
Could you try that to see if it helps?

I’ve just sent some more logs, hopefully they’ll come through.

I’m happy to try the test, where can I find the link?

I have the log now.
Just add/test to the end of the URL for the app in the app store.

Thank you I’m installing it now and will keep you posted

The test version doesn’t seem to get past the initialisation stage it’s also not keeping the refresh token as before. I’ve sent another set of logs to you

Sorry, my mistake. It will be fixed before I go to bed (hopefully)

No rush, very appreciative that you’re looking at it on a Sunday

There is a new test version in the store.
I have been through the process of generating new tokens in LightWave and setting them into the app several times and all seems OK for me, so finger crossed.

Thank you I’ll give it a go now

Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately I’m still having the same problem. I’ve sent another set of logs in case that helps. It seems to loose the refresh token when it changes but at time also the access token and even when I re enter them it doesn’t seem to want to pick the details back up.

I did find that I was signed into lightwave on the Samsung app and have now signed out of that but it didn’t make any difference.

Could it be the number of devices that I have? I think it’s about 83 sockets and switches combined not including the link plus

Using the phone LightWave app is not a problem as they don’t use the public API.

Are you entering the details via the Configure App screen or by repairing a device?

Can you switch off polling, then enter new details generated by LightWave and save the settings and then send the log again.

I’m entering the details via the configure screen, when I do the repair it never seems to complete.

I’ve turned off polling and resent the logs for you, I should probably have cleared them first though

The Samsung app is the Samsung smart things app, I’m currently using an iPhone if that makes any difference

The only way I can replicate the problem is if I enter an expired refresh token.
When you go to the Lightwave page to get a new refresh token, do you hit the ‘Refresh Token’ button before copying the token?

I have on occasion but recently I’ve just been copying what’s there. I have in the past also deleted and the created the token. It seems as though something is knocking the token out as it doesn’t even last 24 hours

Ok. Because the refresh token is a one time use token.
When the app uses it, a new one is returned along with the access token.

It seems very odd as I’ve only got homey and no other automation controller. Anything else that connects to Lightwave uses an account login to access it

Tomorrow I will disable the app on my normal Homey and try it on my development Homey. That way it will be completely fresh just to make sure there is not something that isn’t being initialised.
Unfortunately I can’t run it on both at the same time because of the refresh token limit and my family will get annoyed if the lights stop working when it’s dark as they have forgotten how to press the buttons on the wall :grin: