[APP][Pro] Huawei Solar - Smart energy for a better life

hello @reyntjensw and thank you for the fantastic work on this app!
you plan on ading more features like options to start charging the battery from the net and keeping spare energy for peek current top off? things like this are posible now on the battery but i would love to make this more smart…

Hi!

I have installed my SUN200-10KTL-M1 inverter with homey and succesfully logged in to it with my API account, the installer claims everything in the API settings is set to on and i shold have access to all data. But my inverter only tells me a few values and not all. I have tried reinstalling the app and reinstalling the inverter but i dont seem to get the data to homey. Any thoughts on why?

Hej, just to add some additional info to your post! I have had the same “issue”, there has been sun, I can see that the panels generate but in the end of the day, the daily yield is still 0…

Have been in contact with Huawei and got below detailed description:

PV power in the FS energy management curve = Solar inverter energy yield on the current day + Energy storage charging power - Energy storage discharging power - Daily absorbed power (Current valid value of accumulated absorbed power - First valid value of accumulated absorbed power on the current day) . If the calculated value is less than 0, 0 is displayed on the FS

The only way right now to get some kind of actuals, I have generated my own excel graph by using the “export performance data” in device mgmt on the web page… using the Total Input Power and then calculating the value from both my inverters to kWh.

It would be awesome if this app could do something similar

Yeah exactly, the “Yield today” could technically be below 0 because the inverter has used more energy the specific day than you have produced but you’d still only see 0.

I’m nagging Huawei’s support about this because on the FusionSolar web interface there’s this graph:

When I look at the Web Inspector there’s a call made to this endpoint:
https://region02eu5.fusionsolar.huawei.com/rest/pvms/web/station/v1/overview/energy-balance

This seems to be a very different API than the regular one but interestingly it has all the data we’re looking for. This is the return object:

The xAxis attribute explains that we’re getting data points in 5 minute intervals. Then there are these attribute series:

• productPower: Looks like the solar production only, so clean from inverter absorption
  • usePower: The house’s consumption
  • onGridPower: Imported energy from grid
  • disGridPower: Exported energy to grid
  • chargePower: Charged energy to battery
  • dischargePower: Consumed energy from battery

I find it fascinating that Huawei has these data but only in an API they use in their web interface, not available in the regular API that this Homey app uses (it seems?) or as an export feature. Right?

Could you please share me your api credentials via mail? [mod break: removed mail address, please do these things over PM]

I sent you a DM with the credentials!

Hello, i received my api login and password but still can not put the inverter in homey

good morning, can you please send me a diagnostics report please?

What do you mean?

Mobile app: go to …More > Apps > Huawei > hit the gear icon > then you should see something like:

d969d57c-1f3e-4897-b121-e870c75bee5a

This the code

Heidi

I dont know if i replied correctly here but i sent you a DM with my credentials! Would you like me to email them aswell?

Good evening, I have received your DM, but I did not yet have the time to check.

1 Like

I think I may have found a bug, or it could be an oddity in the API, but nonetheless it ends up showing the wrong values. I reacted this morning to how the “Daily yield” could be 8+ kWh even though the sun hadn’t really come out yet.

(Btw the unit is wrong here, same on “Monthly yield” and “Total power”, they should be kWh all three of them)

So when I look when that value is from, it is from yesterday. But note that other values (like PV Yield) are updated so the sync is working.

I double check the FusionSolar app which has reset “Yield today”.

Could it be that the API keeps responding with the same value all night until it starts updating again the next day? In any case, it causes oddities like these, where the daily yield increases during the day, decreases slightly after sundown (which is correct, the inverter now consume more energy than is produced) but from midnight it flattens. Expected behavior would be that it resets.

Perhaps the Homey app needs to reset the value itself every midnight or something?

Good evening

I made some changes to the units, that will be deployed in the next release.
Regarding the daily yield, that will be hard to reset that value because we receive it from the API directly.

In my specific case, I’m not seeing that behavior.

Good evening,

I double checked the credentials and I noticed that there is an issue with the credentials.
From what i can see there is no system attached to it.

Please contact your installer.

Cool, thanks for the unit fix! Bummer about the API but I agree, would be quirky and strange to ignore what the API sends back.

I have the same situation described by @Sortima. That is, only three values presented by the app (Daily Yield, Monthly Yield and Total Power). Nothing more!

Could You please elaborate on what could by wrong with the credentials. Are there different levels of credentials giving more or less access to the API? My “system” is obviously connected - the values I get are correct compared to the phone app.

Could anyone describe how my installer can make an API key for me?

Hi Nick

We have no access to the backend systems so I’m afraid I cannot help you.