[Modding] Homey Case Modding

Yes, I order it in full ABS except the transparent part. I am fed up with this cheap bol design of Homey it looks like a Euro 25,- somtheing and keeps falling over. Anyway I will post
the pics of the result. Probbably I will go for extended antenna’s o I can snug my homey in a closet. But if it looks like a million, I will display it
:wink: do you know if double antenna’s per frequency (Zigbee, Zwave) give extra benefits, I found some really
nice ones.

Long thread here: Homey Pro Antenna modification
Short answer: definitely.

Meaning 2 antennas, per protocol so 2xZigbee and 2x Zwave… or is this just overkill?

I wouldn’t connect two antennas, that will modify the impedance and the result will be quite a bad signal.

Hi I, ordered the follwing 3 antenna’s (and a 3D print of a new home for my Homey):

DELOCK 88968 for Zigbee
DELOCK 89769 for Z-wave
DELOCK 88991for Multiband Wifi

Let’s see what they will do. I have a short Q, connections to the motherboard for Wlan and Zigbee are simple. What internal kabel did you use for Z-wave? A similar one that you just stripped and soldered?

Thx, will post some pics of the end result.

2 Likes

Finally done including 3D printed case with special thanks to @AdrianLiteAuto and @Leon_van_Efferen :

9 Likes

Looks like Homeys Evil Twin. (But also very cool looking)

3 Likes

very cool. Did the antennas make a big difference? Particularly to Zwave range?

Yes, Zwave and Zigbee are great now. Wifi however kept disconnecting. I have set-up wifi again, and now it seems fine.

Awesome. I havent had the chance to do anything more. But I have an old Zipato Zipatile lying around that I wish to pull the soft wire zwave antenna out of and try just using this around the enclosure to see if this help the range. Rather than adding an antenna. Just as an experiment. I also have some smaller antennas of a Zipabox and Zigbee expansion module that may also do the trick.
How much did the print end up costing? Is it a really good finish?

@AdrianLiteAuto did you also look at: Homey antenna mod

1 Like

Total was aroun USD 125, Customs upped the price a it and charged me VAT… So a steep price but way better than than the Faberge-would-never-approve-egg ;-).

1 Like

This look seriously awesome! I just have 1 question about it…
I don’t like the power sticking out to the side like that :slight_smile:
Would it be possible to arrange the antennas differently so the zwave/zigbee antennas are to the side of the power connector?