[Modding] Homey Case Modding

I just uploaded V1.1 to thingiverse, this one includes USB misplacement fix and better speaker mount (still basic, but better). I did NOT print is yet, so printing is on own risk.

2 Likes

Also uploaded v1.2 while at it, this one has rounded edges and a different lid. it also includes a homey logo. download it at thingiverse.

5 Likes

Did someone already print v2? If changes are needed/wanted please let me know. I’m still very pleased with the prototype V1. But need to fix the warping before printing v2

Printed V2, looks great if I may say so. Everything fits like a charm. Only some sanding/filling/sanding/painting to do.

5 Likes

Can you still see the LED light after painting?

I think so, because I’m planning to paint it white. however I don’t care that much because i’m not actively using the led ring. i’f I need it I just lift the lid.

1 Like

The ring gives visible feedback to the user /red/orange (processing / blue (loading code) / purple (updating) …

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate ensuring this feedback into your design.

Yes, i’m planning some sort of led indicator port hole. It’s on the feature request list :slight_smile:
The whole idea began as a PRO version of the case. Which would probably placed in a non/semi visible place.

but i’m taking it one step at the time.

1 Like

Looking good Leon_van_Efferen. I was actually considering creating my own Voltey; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1945141. But then again, not quite sure how to sand yet. But it does look cool! Might as well try to remix that model to introduce PCB supports, and actually have a nice replacement model for the original orb-shape.

My new printer is running :slight_smile: Time to experiment and print a first version.

Nice! happy printing. offtopic: what kind of printer did you buy? I’m looking for a new one as well (just for bigger prints)

Got the new Prusa i3 MK3S

Nice , will print this

Thanks

So I finally got myself a 3D printer and printed your case Leon. Thanks alot for the work on this.
I split your case in 3 and printed a clear ring on it. And the case is black.
It not perfect ( I rushed it) , but it looks pretty cool. I love it. Especially the ring against the black of the box looks amazing.
Thanks again for all your hard work on getting the case and measurements spot on.

my%20printed%20black%20homey%202

10 Likes

May i have the digital design file of your homey case with the clear ring. I’d love to make it that way.

Sure I’ll upload it to thingyverse tomorrow. Its just the case in 3 parts and I glue them together.

1 Like

Hi, you can grab the print here.

4 Likes

maybe it is posted already but could some one share the dimensions of the board inside homey?

Ordered a black version @ninja prototype. All togehter USD 100,- incl shipping. I hate the terrible cheap original design and this box design gives much better room for attena mods (maybe a good idea to add the wholes as an option in your design :wink:

Will post a picture when it arrives (if ever, seems to be coming from China).

What did you order? Is just for them to print it for you? In PLA or ABS?
This is half the price of my Anycubic 3d Printer, and it came with a roll of filament. I hope it is a fantastic ABS case you got for this price.
For the holes, yes I thought of this, but havent the energy to do it currently. Plus if you really need to, you can simply drill the holes in just as neatly. I did include the Google Sketchup file too for anyone to easily edit it if they want.
Looking forward to see the pics of this case when you get it.