Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

From the looks of it, the majority of the apps my automation depends on are V2 compliant (Except Heimdall :wink: ) and I get a feel that people that are able to use V2 are happy with it. (Apart from the loss of the WebUI) When Geofencing is there I’m a step closer to upgrading I think.
But… In my opinion there’s a major hurdle to take before I upgrade and that’s the dependancy on Athoms Cloud environment just for logging on. It seems recognised by @Emile if I read his comments on Slack well and he will think about redesigning it, but without an ETA.

So, in order to bring Heimdall to V2 I will need to get another Homey. @TedTolboom suggested I started a fund raiser to buy one and I think that’s a good idea. Apart from a couple of people that did donate already (money I spend on sensors to implement and test in Heimdall) I’m a bit disappointed when I compare the number of installs to the number of donations made (which is less than 1%).
So if you run V2 and want to get Heimdall rewritten to V2 without waiting for me to upgrade to V2 you can help by making a donation.
Donations can be made to my paypal address

I do like to add that no one needs to feel obliged to donate, it will just help speed up development on Heimdall V2. I will do my best to get Heimdall updated as soon as possible, but do remember that I am not a developer by profession and I do this in my spare time.

3 Likes