Fibaro Motion sensor Homekit (BLE Version)

Hi :slight_smile:

I have a fibaro motion sensor homekit that I bought when I had my HC2, I have tried and connected it to my homey but it wouldnt work…Is there no support for the homekit version?
Will there be any support for it?I would really like to be able to talk to the system…

Look at https://apps.athom.com/ and search for what you want.

@JPe4619 not sure what you mean?
I already have the fibaro app downloaded, but it only supports z- and z+ motion sensor as far as I can see?

But the homey is supposed to have Bluetooth support isnt it?

Basically Homey contains Bluetooth, but as for all devices, you need a specific App for the devices you want to control. The Fibaro App is for Z-Wave devices as far as I know. If your device is not in the list “supported devices”, then it is not supported. You can make a request to Athom to make an App for you.

1 Like

Hi!!
Is There any news regarding the HomeKit version of the motion sensor?
Trying to connect Homey but without success…
Could anyone help a newbie here ?
Thanks in advance

It is easier if you trade it in for the zwave version, WiFi (homekit) version will most likely not be supported anytime soon (probably not even this year)

thanks a lot for taking time to answer, really appreciated !
i read that you can ask athom for a support…but where do you have to ask? i may imagine that they already received many about that…
Thanks again!!

You can ask here on the forum if you want to request features.

thank you !! i have sent one request on the google forms

Athom has let is known through one of the forum moderators that they never really used the Google form, and that ideas and feature requests should be posted on this forum. See this post: Ideas / Feature Requests (New info 2021)

Thanks Robert! didn’t know that (i am a newbie here and a bit lost)
So do i have to make a new post about that ?
Thanks again !

Don’t worry, this has only changed very recently! (as in today)

I don’t think there are any guidelines yet on how these sort of support requests should be posted. Perhaps @Dijker can help out here?

Hi, imho it is not necessary unless you want to discuss the possibility, the Pro’s and Con’s of support for the Motion Sensor (FGBHMS-001) but even that can be done here in this Topic.

If you read my post about the Ideas / Feature Requests (New info 2021) you you know it is not what I said that “Athom newer used it.” , but as they don’t publish info posted in the form it doesn’t give other community members insight in what questions are made to the Feature requests. Discussing here and giving Likes does give the Community that insight.

I looked at the Product page an I think it could be possible to make an Homey App for it but not sure there is that much request for it that Athom spends a lot of time into developing an App as this is pretty specific and range is due to BLE limited.

If this thread gets HOT maybe a Community Developer with such a BLE Device makes an App for it or Athom supprises everyone but personally I wouldn’t wait for that. In my opinion there are better Devices for Homey but it could depend on your needs. (And that you already have this device :wink: )

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer! it is really appreciated as i am a newbie here…
I am going to send back my fibaro motion sensor.
You mentioned that there are better devices.
What would you suggest ? i need these sensor to be able to detect presence (my kids in bedroom) to turn on and off the lights. I would like to avoid the problem of the light truning off when you’re still in the room…This would be the most important, and also to be able to make flows with temperature et lux variations maybe.
Thanks again !!!