[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

:laughing: Now I want to try, and while I’m on my way, it tells me when to eat and drink :smile: :grin:

Hmm. Since the 6.0 update the ble works worse it seems… :confused:

yes, my Tile Pro seems to hop on and off every 5 minutes.

Suddenly all of my super-cheap BLE “Xiaomi Mijia Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2” (model LYWSD03MMC with ATC custom firmware via Telink Flasher) are now working perfectly!! Don’t know if it’s related to the 6.0 update or not…I added them to Homey through Home Assistant, not using Beacon App, but I wanted to share this since maybe it could be useful to others. :slightly_smiling_face:
ble ble2

1 Like

Ah, I noticed one of 3 (ali) beacons, and it’s the one lying 1m away from Homey, did this every now and then after the update.
(The other beacons lie 5m away from Homey.)
Maybe the poll intervals should be re-adjusted? Strange it is one of 3…

My settings

I use an interval of 30 seconds and an timeout of 30 seconds.

On v6.x the discovery sequence is cached for 30 seconds. So there wil be no chance if the interval is quicker.

The app uses multiple validation steps to prevent a missed detection (that once in a while will happen). But if that result is cached the validation process is useless.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will give this a go and see if it helps things :slight_smile:

Same overhere. Will try the 30 seconds

Does this mean that the “default” settings no longer are useful? I also experienced on/off behavior after updating to 6.0.0

Looks like the 30 seconds did the trick here

Thanks, will try the 30 secs interval & timout

Yups, enter 30 secs at interval & timout

I’ll change the default interval on 6.0 to 30 seconds

1 Like

30 seconds doesn’t seem to work for me. Tile keeps dropping in and out of range and inadvertently triggering away routines…

am going to try removing the Tile completely and re-adding it. see if that helps.

On what interval do you have this problem?

honestly, it’s a little weird. I set up a flow to ping my Homey timeline every time the beacon goes in and out of range which, prior to changing the default interval to 30 seconds, was about every 4-5 minutes. It would only stay out of range for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes at a time,

Since changing the interval to 30 seconds, it no longer updates my timeline with ‘Tile in/out of range’, but is still definitely going out of range with a similar frequency. I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing wrong…

actually, it seems that there’s a problem with the Timeline notification function. Keeps error-ing out on the beacon flows, and I also just tested it with a simple on/off light switch (light goes on → send ‘test’ to timeline) and that is error-ing out, too. Might be a bug with v6.0?

Timeline works fine here. What if you add logcards to some flows which should write to your timeline? To compare results?

Did some tests
Beacon issues (using €3,60 ali beacons)
Homey v6.0.0
Beacon app v1.2.10

I have 3 active beacons, paired and in use for a few months

• Beacon A, 1m from Homey
    – reports away every few hours since v6 update.
    – it has never left the house since pairing
  • Beacon B, 4m from Homey
    – last detected 8hrs ago
    – leaves the house weekly
  • Beacon C, 4m from Homey
    – last detected a month ago
    – leaves the house daily

What does action card “update beacon location” do?
I created the flow below, when I started to use the beacons, but disabled it out of curiousity to see if beacons were still marked as out/in, and they were.
After running the flow below just now, beacon A and B were marked as Out/In, after every trigger (1mins). Not very practical to use?
Flow update beacons status:

Enabled @ 14:20 04-23-2021

Attached: Logs and BLE summary
log

BLE Summary
I noticed only 2 out of 3 beacons (AMIYJ_xxxx) are discovered, just like 2 out if 3 flowerpins.

@Glenn_Dijkstra Do you encounter different beacon behavior after updating to v6?

1 Like

Hi Peter, I only have one in active use. One is with my girlfriend and she’s usually only here in the weekends. I haven’t checked directly after I came home (as i use a combination of the beacons and smart Presence), but.
My own one is detected right now and was yesterday.
My gf’s one hasn’t been at home since V6.
Out of the 3 others (meant for guests, but all 3 at home), only 1 is detected and the other 2 are a month ago.
Havnt tried to wake them with the button yet.

1 Like