[Archived][APP][Pro] OpenWeatherMap

@anne: I saw on the openweathermap.org site that there is also another api: https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?lat={lat}&lon={lon}&exclude={part}&appid={API key}
It adds a few extra attributes to the weather data compared with the other api’s.
Any change this possibility will be added to the app?

@CorvanderNiet Which one do you mean? Your 2nd link returns: Invalid API key
Guess u mean this one?

One Call API

• Make one API call and get current, forecast and historical weather data
  • Minute forecast for 1 hour
  • Hourly forecast for 48 hours
  • Daily forecast for 7 days
  • Historical data for 5 previous days
  • National weather alerts
  • JSON format
  • Available for both Free and paid subscriptions

This is stated in the readme.nl.txt about Onecall API:
Onecall API (nieuw)

Dit is een tabel met data voor zowel het huidige weer als de voorspelling voor de komende uren en dagen. De tabel bevat ook data met de UV index en de gevoelstemperatuur. In de huidige versie van de app zit alleen data voor het huidige weer, in komende versie zullen ook de voorspellingen toegevoegd worden.

Een kleine nudge, of een bier / koffie donatie helpt misschien, Cor :wink:

Thats the one.

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?lat=XXX&lon=YYY&exclude=hourly,daily&appid=ZZZ
If you fill XXX with latitude, YYY with longitude en ZZZ with a working api-key it will work

1 Like

All,

Since I don’t use Homey anymore (and haven’t been using it for years now…) I am not doing any development for Homey apps anymore, and by now I am pretty sure I am not going to anymore. I have asked whether any other developers were interested in taking over the OWM app (no response).

A couple of notes:

• Last thing I did was add basic OneAPI support, I think this is in the test version. Using the OneAPI properly requires a re-write of the app, but you could then for instance make flow cards in which you can specify what time you want the forecast for. This way you would only ever need to install the OneAPI OWM instance for all forecasts.

• I added some capabilities a while ago (such as snow measurements), however it requires re-pairing to get the capability included.

Anyway, that’s for someone else to look at.

1 Like

Oww didn’t know this Anne. Thanks for your reply and info.
Cheers

Thx for the app, and all the work you put into it. I used to use it for a long time.

Some while ago i made a little Homeyscript to retrieve weatherdata. Openweather is one of the api’s i use. For those who are interested check this link

Thanks for the good work Anne.
I use this app for a while and I’m happy with it.
Hopefully someone else will show up and take over your job.
Unfortunately I’m not able to do this.

@anne might be a good idea to:

1. edit the subject of this thread with suffix [NEEDS NEW DEVELOPPER]
  2. inform Athom that you stopped maintaining this app while a lot of users are depending on it…

Thank you.

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to use the “Up to 16 days (daily)” OpenWeatherMap card but I still do not get anything, even if I wait for days and days. I’ve the message “Last value unknown” when trying to look at a parameter, see screen copy below :

Using exactly the same parameters, it works fine with the “Today” and “5 days” cards :

Does somebody kno how to solve this problem ?

Thanks everybody for your help :slight_smile:

Hi, I just installed it too to see what happens.
What number of days ahead did you use? 0=min 15=max.

Hi Peter,

I’ve tried with 0, 1 and 15, and I still have the same bad result :frowning:

Same overhere, Hervé. I suspect something has changed @ openweathermap.
I did not install the “16 days” card before, so I can’t tell if it did work earlier.
The 5-day ahead card does work. I use them for the weather Now, the weather in 3h and 24h
Maybe the 5-days ahead device is of any use.
Else you can try the knmi app. Didn’t use that, and no info about how many days ahead so you’ll have to install, try and find out.

Hi Anne,

First of all, thank you for your great app! I’m using it in a lot of flows, for example to set my thermostat depending on the cloud coverage and temperature later in the morning. But, is it possible to add 1 hour intervals? Apparently openweathermap supports it, and it would be great for Homey as well.

For example: when it stops raining I don’t want all my screens and terrace roof with horizontal “blinds” to open and close too often, when it starts raining again soon. Three hours is a bit too much, but one hour would be great. Is this something you can add to your app? If I can help you with anything like testing, please let me know.

https://openweathermap.org/api/weather-map-1h

The app is orphaned at the moment, Thomas @TKroon. We’ll have to keep an eye open for a new devop.

But, you might like this, it uses 1hr intervals:

Hello guys. Where can I find all possible options for “Description”? Now I see for example “clear sky”. Which are all the rest?

I’m not 100% sure, but I guess here:

https://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions#Weather-Condition-Codes-2

The same as @fantross I guess, these were sent by mail from Openweathermap the other day:
(Scroll all the way down)

Hi if I want to trigger When: Temperature becomes less than -5C and the tempreature is -6C the flow start running? thx

No I Want to flow if outside temperature is becomes less than-5 and is weekdays set Honeywell evoheme custom tempreture like this flow.

Hello, I’ve been using OWM app successfully for a very long time to get current weather.

Recently however I created a second “device” - OpenWeatherMap forecast. And it doesn’t work - it doesn’t fetch data, all sensors are blank. API key is the same, location the same… So I have two questions:

• Do you know anything I could try to fix the problem
  • Is there some log / debug mode / diagnostic information where I could look into to check what’s wrong?