[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hey Ted,

I understand, still thinking, is there a way to get the information you need from the Zigbee home automation plugin of HA ?

It seems to be supported from version 2022.7
link to github: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/zha

found something in here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/blob/42d7f2a3b29fcb1e24bdde26546ff6120a9185db/homeassistant/components/zha/core/channels/manufacturerspecific.py

Thanks for thinking alongā€¦ off course I am using multiple (even shared closed) sources while implementing a new device.

But I also need to take into account the large user base (25000+ Installs), expecting full functionality once support for a device is added. From that perspective it is one of my app development fundamentals to only add support for devices when I have tested the device myselfā€¦

I will add support for the FP1 (ordered), but to manage expectations it will be fourth in line: Aqara E1 roller shutter, P1 motion sensor, Aqara E1 curtain motor (all released in EU sales area) and then the FP1 motion sensor.

In the meantime I am following with other developers and Aqara development which FP1 features are considered stable enough to integrate in Homeyā€™s appā€¦

11 Likes

Give me a heads up if you want someone to beta test the E1 roller shutter - not that I expect you to remember it, butā€¦if you do, I donā€™t mind it if mine resets or something :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same for P1 sensors i have 3 of them, if you need someone to test or instant test with direct chat tell me.
I have a lot of nerves cause im Application Manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @TedTolboom, I had 3 Aquara/Honeywell smoke detectors working fine in the app. One of them broke down, so I ordered a new one (at least that is what I thought). I now have a new ā€œAquara Smoke Alarm Detector Sensor JY-GZ-01AQ Zigbee 3.0ā€ which is not recognised by the app.
Are there any plans to add this device?
Thanks, Jeroen

Hi Tom,

In the attachment you can see two Aqara motion sensors (AMS-6 and AMS-7)

I deleted both of these 10 days ago and added them again because she no longer responded. AMS-7 suddenly stops responding after 7 days (AMS-6 still working). AMS-7 is linked through Node 10. This node is 1 meter away and controls many other devices that work flawlessly; e.g. node 1 (beweging voordeur). This is an EndDivice from Ikea that has been working for a year without any problems. I donā€™t think itā€™s a router issue.

Sincerely,

Freek Smits

47 Zigbee devices exceeds what Athom recommends for a stable network.

I have more devices then you and itā€™s stable , but seeing your setup, you didnā€™t (re) create ZigBee network correctly - best you can do, reset ZigBee, add routers first and then endpoints. But anyway, itā€™s not related to the Aqara thread unfortunately as developer canā€™t influence it.

But it is still strange that I only have problems with the Aqara sensors. The Zigbee motion sensors from Lidl (4 x) and Ikea (1x) work without any problems

@TedTolboom Will you be adding support for the Aqara A100 door lock?

Hi Ted, welcome back. I hope everything is OK with you and your loved ones.

Do you own the Aqara water flood sensor?

Else Iā€™d like to buy one for you so you hopefully can find out why the battery status is not updated when you have time for that.

From the start untill the battery is dead, the sensor reports a 100% battery. I have 8 of these. All the same behaviour.

Iā€™ve read others that have this issue too. Thereā€™s a topic about this on the forum.

If the sensor is used with the Aqara hub then the battery level is reported correct according to owners of a hub. Xiaomi support also confirmed battery report is supported by this sensor.

Please let me know if i can help in any way troubleshooting.

Thanks alot

Not sure yet. This version will not be the version of the smoke detector that Aqara will be releasing towards the European region (which will be certified). I am not sure about the differences, the popularity of this version and therefore doubt to invest in the device to have it available to verify the implementationā€¦

Yes, I have the device.
I will check the battery reporting of this device. It is based on a proprietary protocol, so Xiaomi support indicating that it does support it, doesnā€™t mean that it is known how to use this with other controllersā€¦

Ted,

Ah OK prop. protocol.
Well I hope you can find the issue. At least thanx for taking the time to look at this issue.

Great to hear you own the device.
Then Iā€™ll add this to your donation so you can buy yourself a larger beer :wink:

Regards David.

Thanks Ted. Makes perfect sense.

@TedTolboom Aqara released a new product, a curtain motor.
Wil this also be supported in Homey?

https://www.aqara.com/en/product/curtain-driver-e1

1 Like

Tedtolboom says: I will add support for the FP1 (ordered), but to manage expectations it will be fourth in line: Aqara E1 roller shutter, P1 motion sensor, Aqara E1 curtain motor (all released in EU sales area) and then the FP1 motion sensor.

4 Likes

Hey @TedTolboom really glad to see you are back in the game. Had me worried for a ā€œsecondā€. :slight_smile:

Pls, if you could give couple of minutes to the lower issue. I had some strange behavior with aqara bulb witch made me reset ZigBee network. After that I cannot re-add Aqara temperature sensor anymore. All the other ZigBee devices including multiple Aqara passed normally. Any chance you have some tip or suggestion?

Aquara temperature and humidity sensor dont pair with Homey Ā· Issue #270 Ā· TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee Ā· GitHub

EDIT: After second battery change I was able to re-include the sensor. I did immediately changed the battery but that didnā€™t help. Out of frustration I tried 3rd battery just now and was able to include it. Possibly 2nd battery, even though new, was in packaging for too long and deteriorated. I donā€™t know what to say but I was able to include it again, battery or not related. Possibly something was changed in the meantime but I doubt it.

Just received mine an hour ago !!

2 weeks earlier then expected/promised. :smile:

It works fine, in home assistant only Deconz. :wink:

I will test it the next few day but now still detecting me behind my monitor only typing and so almost not moving at all !

Will keep you updated how fine it works in my living room.

Tonight Iā€™m not at home, sadly must go to a birthday party. :weary:
Iā€™d rather stayed homer and tested.

By the way : ditch the accompanied/supplied usb power adapter: mine but also the one from a german youtube reviewer appered faulty. :rage:

If it keeps working so well I might order another FP1 one already in the weekend for my bedroom.

Although I heard that the CEO of Aqrara /Xiaomi already announce the FP2 ! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Need help with a weird issue.

I have a H1 Wall Double Switch (with Neutral) with one button wired to a fan, and the other button left unwired.

I used homey to create a flow for the other button - when on, open curtain motors. When off, close curtain motors.

It seems to work fine at the point of pressing the switch to control the curtains (sometimes I have to press more than once if the curtain/switch states donā€™t match due to curtains being controlled via mobile app).

However, I noticed that when I use the switch to open the curtains, after a random period of time, the curtains would close on their own. In the device log it would just show that curtains were ā€œTurned off - by Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbeeā€

To be clear, this only happens when using the unconnected side of the H1 wall switch to activate the flow. Opening the curtains directly via app would keep the curtains open until I close them.

Iā€™m not sure if this is related to the fact that my curtain motors are operated in reverse commands (open command to close, vice versa) but Iā€™d appreciate any help in diagnosing this problem.