[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thank you that’s the answer i needed, i was a little bit confused if it would improve my zigbee connection to homey since i have a lot of aqara devices and some of them lose connection.
Just one more question if you could help me with that.
I also use philips app developed by Athom, so i have philips bulbs but they are connected to the philips gateway.
In this case the bulbs are not occupying space on homey right?
Since they are not directly connected to it.
Sorry for this questions, they might be simple answer for you and most of the users here, but I’m kind of starting on this smart home stuff.
Soo thank you for your answers and @Sharkys too.

Then those Philips devices are on other ZigBee network (in this case it’s Philips Gateway the controller not the Homey). They will be not influenced by any change on the Zigbee Homey network.
Note : again OT (kind of)

1 Like

No, the Philips bulbs do not add to the total devices on Homey.
But, ideally, you would want to have one Zigbee network. You now have two (at least), because the Philips Hue gateway builds its own Zigbee network.
Connecting all Zigbee devices (routers, like the Philips bulbs) to Homey will help to increase Zigbee coverage and reliability on Honey

1 Like

But that would mean he would loose the Philips Gateway including all the functionalities he might be using, correct? Anyway if all lights are supported, it could be ok I guess.

Yes, that is correct. But Philips Hue seems very well supported with the Homey app, although I do not own any Philips Hue myself.
But let’s keep it on-topic here.
Expanding your Zigbee network will do wonders for reliability and coverage. Especially if you have multiple Zigbee networks in your home.
In that way Aqara devices would perform much better.

@Sharkys @Henk_Renting
I’m starting to understand now.
And yes philips app by Athom works pretty well at least for my needs.
I understand that it would be better to have only one zigbee network, but i really want to keep the philips working like they are, soo I will add 2 or 3 aqara smart plugs to my home ( I actually need some soo that’s not a problem ) and hope they will start to communicate better with homey, even having two zigbee network’s at my home.
Thank you both, you’ve been really helpful! :pray:

3 Likes

I need your help again. I have 2 aqara temperature sensors running but I struggle to get the 3rd up and running.
Is there any hidden trick or something? I press the button for some seconds until the LED blinks. I have added a new batterie.
Can someone give me mor hints? Where to place it at homey or something?

try it next to Homey, I also had some trouble while I tried meters away from Homey.

My vibration alarm keeps not triggering even through some low amount of vibration is detecting - I was looking up whether adjusting the sensitivity was an option and came across this. I was curious whether this was on your list as well? (Lowwww on the list of course! Lots of other things take priority, including your own wellbeing.) Thanks so much again for all your wonderful work on the app.

1 Like

@TedTolboom : Here, take my €50, you deserve it!! All my sensors and switches are worth it many times.

Cheers from Sweden
Andreas

12 Likes

Since the last experimental update, my Aqara door sensors are not longer connected. I removed them and found the app is not recognizing the Aqara sensors and they are added as generic on/off.

It this a bug, does it need an app update and do others see the same?

I didn’t read through all posts, so I hope not other people asked the same question.

Guess you also didn’t read the emails you probably had from Athom and other other posts like the announcement
Just be patient and wait until Ted had time to upgrade the app.

Indeed I was busy with other things. I upgraded to solve a red ring issue which was solved but did not read about the consequences.

I’ll be patient and hope the app will be upgraded soon

Anybody else refreshing this thread every day? :smiley: waiting like a kid here for the update, this is the only app holding me back from upgrading to 5.0 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why you ask? Just read the recent posts.

Same for me… I’m watching @TedTolboom on GitHub but so far nothing visible. Anyway, I think Ted mentioned end of this month for 1st alpha… so still time.

Hit the F5 F5 F5 :wink:

Guys, relax… I will notify when an update is available.

No need to check Github as well; I will only push an update when and alpha is available.

Too many people watching, so intermediate not fully functional updates will be installed and will lead to additional questions…

12 Likes

Thank you Ted, it was just “pulse check” if you are alive :wink: …if you will be searching for internal / closed beta testers, let me know :wink:
My only reason of high expectations is that Homey support don’t know (for more then 6 monhts) what is behind high memory leak (I have to reboot twice a day, having 40 ZigBee devices) in case of my setup and they suggested that ZigBee rewrite might (and might not) improve the stuff :wink:

I want to add the Aqara door and window sensors but that does not seem to work anymore. When I add them they are added as a general Zigbee device. They used to work. Model number of my sensors is MCCGQ11LM.

Thanks in advance for the reply.