[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Sorry if this is a dumb question. My home is full of Zigbee Hue lights. Do these work as routers? Or does it have to be Aqara routers for Aqara devices?

If those lights are directly managed by homey you’re fine and it will route to a light bulb. If you manage the lights through the hue bridge then zigbee won’t mesh through them.

Hello, does anyone have a possible solution? I am unable to add the Aqara Motion Sensor. Received two new ones, can’t add both. Homey continues to indicate, please wait, your device is being added. Resetting the Aqara also adds nothing. Who has the solution?

How many Zigbee-devices are paired with your Homey already?

39 devices

Sounds like you may be running into the problem that Homey cannot handle more than about 20 directly connected (ie not through a router) devices.

You can get an idea of your Zigbee network through this page: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee

And count the number of devices that don’t have an extra node in their path.

Tnx Robert, 12 devices.
Homey can handle no more than 20. 8 to go?

Yeah I wouldn’t expect any issues if you only have 12 directly connected :thinking:

I removed a device, restarted Homey and now the Aqara Motion Sensor is found and added :thinking:

The Zigbee network display isn’t always accurate, so perhaps there are 20(-ish) devices connected to Homey :frowning:

Hi, at first thanks for great plugin.

I have question regarding double switches,
i have some wired double switches, and after adding them to homey all double switches are represented as single tile in homey, and click on this tile activates only left switch, to change state of right switch i need to open device details in homey, select second switch and than toggle, this is not very convenient :unamused: Is it possible to have separate representation for each button of the switch? I think i can solve it with virtual devices, but creating 40+ virtual devices and flows for state sync will be a lot of churn

@Sinled, the current Zigbee implementation does not support multi channel device representation like Z-wave does. So the double switch implementation is using a containment to utilize the second switch…

When the long awaited Zigbee rewrite is released, I will update the double switch implementation.

1 Like

@TedTolboom
Thanks (again) for adding all those devices in v0.8.0.
Now hoping the new Aqara Smart Plugs EU are soon ready to order somewhere.
I just saw that you might have forgotten to update the first post here with those devices?
Since you seem to be one of the lucky few to both have the Xiaomi and Aqara EU smart plugs; which one do you prefer?
The Aqara seems a bit smaller?
And in terms of reliability and functions? Are they, apart from the form factor, mostly the same?

Hope you do not mind me asking again for the above, @TedTolboom? :wink:

You want me to comment about the looks of the Xiaomi and Aqara smart plugs EU?

I prefer the Aqara one; because is appears as less bulky, with it’s round appearance it can fit more easily in different orientations and from the Zigbee implementation side it is following the standard Zigbee implementation (the Xiaomi not). So I do expect a higher compatibility with other Zigbee devices.

I see, thanks for reply.

When the long awaited Zigbee rewrite is released

Is it in foreseeable future or Athom team has other priorities?

Thanks @TedTolboom!
I’ll wait for the Aqara ones then.
Btw; you might wanna update the first post in this topuc with the added devices in v0.8.0. :wink:

@Sinled:
This sounds promising:

Hopefully we don’t have yo wait very long anymore…

2 Likes

Athom releasing the new Zigbee core is only the first step, it has to be tested / debugged first and then apps need to be updated which will also take a considerable amount of time (trying to set / manage the right expectations)…

Sure, @TedTolboom.
But at least something seems to be moving if this post is true… :wink:

Hi,
I have a simple questions regarding Aqara and Homey.
I don’t have any neutral lines so I am thinking about double rocker without neutral.

1. Will it work with homekit via Homey?
  2. WIll it work with homey down?
  3. Will it work with LED?
    thx

Left rocker directly, right (second) rocker requires to setup a virtual button linked to it (as explained in this topic before)

Activated by the switches directly: yes.
Activated by Homey / Homekit: no

That totally depends on the LED (load) used. I guess nobody is able to answer this question for sure